Caravan Weight Scales

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting device. Weighs up to 1500Kg per wheel but only up to 100kg for the jockey wheel. If you have a tandem axle van with 1500Kg per wheel (= 6,000Kg total not including the load sitting on the jockey wheel) then the ball weight (which should be somewhere in the 5% to 10% of the trailer weight region) is going to be 300Kg.

At the very least I'd expect it to measure 300Kg off the jockey wheel. You're spending almost $300 on the lower version (1,000Kg max per wheel) and neither version can measure as much as a $25 bathroom scale? Maybe there's a misprint in their documentation.

It DOES look like a great idea though.

only up to 100kg for the jockey wheel

The top surface of the scale just can't take the contact pressure a hard, narrow, tiny radius jockey wheel produces. Use a decent block of wood in between and happily measure a ball weight all the way to 1500kg.

^ In that case, it's probably worth having for a regional club/group. You wouldn't fork $300 for one just to use it once or twice.

The only other time I think you'd fork out a few hundred $ for 15 minutes' work is ... well, let's say she'd better be really, really talented.

I think the weight bridge cost me $17 cash and if I'd known how to park it so the wheels were on one part, the jockey wheel on another and the ute on the 3rd & 4th, then that was all it would have cost. For cash, the operator just gave me the ticket for the total and told me the sectional weights.

I've used the $25 dollar bathroom scales with block of wood as well.

Latest posts

Back