Castrol lsx90 diff oil

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docp1980

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

was changing my diff oils on the weekend and went to buy some Castrol LSX 85-140 from Supercheap but all they had was LSX 90 which said it was also recommended for LSD's. After consulting the Castrol website in more detail today I now see that only the LSX 85-140 is actually recommended for Nissan 4x4 diffs, there is no mention of the LSX90 for this application..... Do you think this oil would still be ok or should I drop it again and try and get the 85-140? I used it for front and rear diffs (I have a locker in the front and I know it only needs normal 85-90 gear oil, but LSD oil is apparently still perfectly fine).

Cheers!

Matt

I use all penrite oils in my nav Front Diff: Penrite Gear Oil 80W-90 Rear Diff: Penrite Gear Oil 80W-140 but all it really came down to is the actual spec of the oil as long as is a API GL-5 spec oil it should be fine but then again if it was me id change it just for peace of mind hope this helps

Its just a thicker oil because you are only driving the rear diff when in 2wd. The one in there will still work, it will*just end up thinner when warmed up than the 85-140 will, so you may end up wearing the bearings and gears quicker being a thinner oil...

Latest posts

Back