Cat converter?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuscanhero

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im getting a new exhaust for my new navara from Scotts Rods, has anyone used this brand before?

Anyway, my main question is about cat converters.
I have a spare 100cpi cat converter laying as a backup to my old XR8.
Do you have to use a specific type of Cat for a diesel car? Or can you use one from a petrol car aswell?

Cheers,

Hey mate.

For one the 100cpi cats are illegal on petrol cars but let's jot get into that. For diesels you don't really need cat converters but most of us just have them in to cover us from the boys in blue. 100cpi is the best flowing for diesels and again the cops can't detect anything in diesels to say whether you have or not. I have used Scott's rods on a patrol and they only use 200cpi cats on there systems cause they think you have to on a diesel which is bullcrap. You only have to have 200cpi on petrol vehicles.

You can even get the exhaust kits from Scotts rods with no cats which you then could add you own 100cpi cat unit into. Cheaper if you are good behind a welder.

Rusty

Cheers mate.
Yeah, thats pretty much what I'm going to do. Get a kit without the Cat and then source a higher flowing one from somewhere else.

I'm just not sure if diesel and petrol Cats are interchangeable? If they are, then I can just the one I had in storage from my old car.
Someone was saying that different metal is used between both?

diesel cats and petrol cats are different in design. petrols are a 3 way compared to diesel which is a 2 way. tho i'm not up on the current designs.
diesel cats are more like the early old style petrol cats.

Latest posts

Back