Catalytic Converter Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Beautie

Reaction score
Hi. Has any one had any problems with Catalytic Converter on the D40 torbo Diesel? some one at Auto Pro told me that run normal Diesel oil sots it up with carbon? Isit correct & can it be unclogged by Cleaning or is there an alteritive modifercation, like complete removal. If so will it effect the computer control?

removing it is illegal, and if you use the right oil then you wont have a problem.
if its an auto you need fully synthetic low ash oil, and manual just fully synthetic.
I recently upgraded my exhaust and i can tell you, change your exhaust asap!
youll see why when you pull the old dump pipe off and compare it to the new

they wouldnt sell it with it on there if it was going to fail so easily is my 2 cents

normal diesel oil is ok for Catalytic Converter.
what hes probably thinking of is the DPF. some D40's (and only in auto) have DPF fitted and you must use DPF friendly oil otherwise it will block up.

however with poorly run motors the cat is known to block up with soot. thats more to do with engine problems rather than what oil you run.

normal diesel oil is ok for Catalytic Converter.
what hes probably thinking of is the DPF. some D40's (and only in auto) have DPF fitted and you must use DPF friendly oil otherwise it will block up.

however with poorly run motors the cat is known to block up with soot. thats more to do with engine problems rather than what oil you run.

you can run normal diesel oil in a series 1 d40(06) auto, they don't have a DPF either

Latest posts

Back