catch can help (forefront industries)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stiffy21

Reaction score
Hey guys i installed my forefront industries catch can a while back, checked it and there is very small traces of oil in the bottom but no much at all. i installed it under the fuse box on the same side as the airbox. the fuse box sits directly ontop of the catch can. Just wondering if this would effect it in any way? i did follow the directions and had the incoming on the bottom pipe entry and outgoing on the top. Any reasons why there is no oil in there?

Id swap the hoses around. The instructions made no sense to me so i plumbed it the opposite way from the start and it catches oil like a champ.

Do you flog the engine a lot, or keep the revs down? High revs increase blow-by and the added heat increases the amount of oil vapour. Lower revs reduce this. It might simply be that you're mild on the motor.

i usually change around 2200 2300. hardly ever goes above that. Well I figured they were correct due to the fact that if the incoming was on the top of the catch can, as it comes in it will just be taken straight back out again from the hose going to the turbo which is just lower than that on the catch can. is that right?

If you're not getting over 3,000rpm then that'd be the reason. You're being gentle - you shouldn't expect a lot of blowby (or heat to vapourise the oil) at those rpms.

forefront industries catch can help

If inlet is on the top it has to get through the filter to get out the side, due to it being in a pressure environment gravity plays less of part until you get pressure equilibrium where it will drain to the lower part, as the bottom has a v shape which is lower then the filter it'll drain to the bottom when the pcv has less pressure or engine stopped, if you use the side as inlet the outside of the filter fills up before saturation of the filter membrane one saturated filter effect will get reduced, ok enough waffle it's after 5

Last edited:
Yep, same thing I found with mine, bugger all in the catch can.

I drive longish distances and am fuel sensitive, so generally I try to be as smooth as possible, don't labour the engine and don't murder it either.

Only ever rev it through on the occasional motorway onramp to 'clear out the pipes a bit'

What size is the pipe running off the crankcase down to the intake?

I have a catch can with 25mm inlets and need to know what size to reduce it to.

What size is the pipe running off the crankcase down to the intake?

I have a catch can with 25mm inlets and need to know what size to reduce it to.

I just installed a small forefront industries catch can on my 2012 ST, hose on vehicle was 16mm or 5/8 equivalent, catch can had 19mm ports or 3/4 equivalent.

For the guys installing a catch can in Perth, I searched high and low for a supplier who could supply a one piece barb adapter. Found a place in Canning Vale called "Hosemania", they were able to source a 5/8 to 3/4 barb which fitted perfectly.

I just installed a small forefront industries catch can on my 2012 ST, hose on vehicle was 16mm or 5/8 equivalent, catch can had 19mm ports or 3/4 equivalent.

For the guys installing a catch can in Perth, I searched high and low for a supplier who could supply a one piece barb adapter. Found a place in Canning Vale called "Hosemania", they were able to source a 5/8 to 3/4 barb which fitted perfectly.

Cheers, project for the weekend...

Latest posts

Back