Central Locking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I had my keyless entry done today and also an Electric trailer brake installed while it was there. The kit I got on ebay specified flashing the parking lights not the indicators so thats what he hooked it up to. I'm not bothered about it, in fact I'm stoked that I've finally got keyless entry:top:
I asked him what wires he hooked the flasher to........and......

blue/red = parkers
but if you want the indicators to flash its
white/red = r/h indicator
white/green = l/h indicator

He said its dead easy and if you do that it should be fine. I told him about some of your troubles with that stuffing up the normall operation of the indicators and he said if you hook it up to those wires it will work. I suspect though that he means for kits that have 2 supply wires, 1 for the l/h circuit and 1 for the r/h circuit for the indicators. My kit only had 1 supply wire and that's why it goes to the parkers cos they're all on 1 circuit.
Hope that all makes sense:no:

I have followed this thread with some interest and realised that I have an old remote central locking kit sitting in the shed unused. I'll pull it out and fit it up and see if I can make some sense of all this. I'm not too bad with automotive wiring so we will see. I'll post photos as I go.

another option

Just fitted a mongoose mcl200 kit to my 06 d22 .purchased extra actuator to put in drivers door .Hardest part of whole job was running the 2 extra door actuator wires through the original door/pillar harness tube .Beauty of this kit is that remotes are water proof ? but you can cut down original metal key's drill a couple of holes and secure key to remote thus it looks like it's factory ,only other change I made was wire indicators in and not park light s as instructions had suggested .total cost was $120

As per one of my other posts I installed an RFID remote central locking kit. Got some tips and diagrams off Dave and got it installed without much issue.

I also installed a reversing camera and a new dvd head unit. Was all a bit scary stripping apart a 1 week old car to install it all though :dong: took seats out and pulled apart dashes and door covers to get all the bits I needed.

Only thing that tripped me up was having to tie into the wiring on the passenger side for the driver side actuator as the car didnt have the wiring for the drivers side actuator.

Hi I installed a ebay kit into my 03 STR, was a relatively easy set up the only difficulty I had was fitting the actuator to the drivers side door. I hooked the flashers up to the hazard lights as I had the same trouble with the indicators not working when connected, and I was to lazy to keep stuffing around and sort it out. Wiring to the actuator was pretty straight forward as I mounted the control box behind the drivers kick panel.

Just a follow up on a picture Blacknav was trying to post up here,
as discussed it seems as though the only way to have the lights work properly is if your central locking kit has 2 wires for the indicator lights.

Unless someone has a more technical way to fix that issue also.

Here is the pic Blacknav took (cheers again for that)

p7080854.jpg

Cheers

Bump

Hey fellas i at the moment im trying to hook up some central locking, i think ill be fine with the wiring but at the moment im having trouble on where to place the actuators, so if anyone already has any photos of either where their actuators are or where they have installed them that would be a big help, the touble is getting them to fit behind the trim... cheers
its in a 2006 single cab DX

Last edited:
Drivers Door Solenoid

Hi All,

I have been contemplating installing a central locking solenoid in the drivers door of my D22 for a while now to make better use of my key-less entry. I have bought the solenoid and have a rough idea how i am going to mount it.

I need some help with wiring the solenoid up, i would like to wire it into the back of the lock/unlock switch on the drivers door if at all possible. I have had a little bit of a go and cant get the solenoid to work at all with the other 3 doors. Can anyone help me with how they wired theirs in?

I bought mine from Bulgaria....
Remote Keyless Entry Kit NISSAN Patrol Navara Pulsar - eBay Keyless Entry Remote, Safety, Security, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 05-May-10 17:57:30 AEST)

Cost around $40, but came with the awesome flick key/remote. Although my kit came with no actuators, but a friend had a spare one, and considering you only need the one as there are already 3 in the passenger doors, it didn't cost me anything.

Can you tell me how your flick key & remote is holding up please, as I am thinking of getting one for my 2011 D22.

Does the new actuator come in the kits you are buying or are you buying that elsewhere, if so where. Interested in doing this mod myself, definately getting sick of unlocking/locking the drivers door all the time especially with two toddlers to get in and out of the car.

Stuart

Help with wiring the solenoid up, I would like to wire it into the back of the lock/unlock switch on the drivers door if at all possible.

Blacknav, did you have any luck with that.

As the lock/unlock switch on the drivers door triggers other door locks I would have thought (was hoping) that it already had a actuator.

or the switch unit behind ashtray consol area another option for me:dontknow:

Remote for Central Locking

Hi Guys,

I've just bought a 9/2004 STR and the first thing I noticed was that it had central locking from the drivers door but no remote.

So I bought a $9.50 Central Remote Locking module on ebay. Behind the drivers kick panel I found the two wires to trigger the lock actuators. Spliced into those, then connected into the left and right indicator wires on the steering column, hooked up into the positive, hooked into the earth, and now that I have done it once reckon I could do the whole thing again in less than 20 minutes.

Remote comes with lock / unlock / boot release / car finder buttons, indicators flash once or twice, and there is a little blue light that you can mount that flashers when locked so anyone might think that it is an alarm.

Happy as larry with this little, cheap mod.

Cheers, David

Does it lock the drivers door though?
The older d22's don't have an actuator
In the drivers door.

Seemed to be working all doors when I was setting it up, but then when I got it all back together the remote switch on the drivers door stopped working altogether. So back to locking the drivers door manually, but remote locking on the others. Bugger.

Dave

Also having troubles fitting my system. Got a SPY central locking system off Ebay for $30 but the instructions seem a bit vague (or it could be the person reading them), it came with 4 actuators however im only using the main one for the drivers door. There is a brown and white coming from the unit that splits in 2 and says two go to switch and two actuator, are they refering to the switch that locks all doors (button near window controls). Also there is a blue and green wire coming from unit that seems to have to connect to all the actuators can i just cut this and only connect to the one in drivers door.

Cheers, Stuart

Latest posts

Back