Centre tailshaft bearing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dilmah

Reaction score
Hi all, time has come to replace the centre tail shaft bearing. I have been quoted $292 by Nizzbits. Just wondering what other people have paid and from where before I go and buy the part. Seems a bit excessive for one bearing.

I'm more than capable of doing the work at home. I have a well set up workshop with a press and the related tools.

Hi all, time has come to replace the centre tail shaft bearing. I have been quoted $292 by Nizzbits. Just wondering what other people have paid and from where before I go and buy the part. Seems a bit excessive for one bearing. I'm more than capable of doing the work at home. I have a well set up workshop with a press and the related tools.

Hi mate,

I know you're down in Perth,
But I paid $125 that included labour for my centre bearing to be replaced.that does seem a bit steep to me??
But as I said I'm not in Perth I'm in QLD.

Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's

Wow, ok that changes things. Might pull the tail shaft this weekend and have a proper look at it.

How many km's does the bearing normally last roughly before it normally needs a change. I tow every day so I'm expecting mine to expire earlier than it probably should. It has 130k on it now.

How many km's does the bearing normally last roughly before it normally needs a change. I tow every day so I'm expecting mine to expire earlier than it probably should. It has 130k on it now.

When it needs replacing, you will feel it in your bum on the seat.you will start to feel like it's got a rough ride.that is a good indication that your centre bearing has gone.(well that's how I noticed it)especially if you have just had a alignment done.

Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's

Bad vibrations throughout the driveline, when I'm under the nav I can shake the tail shaft and there is excessive play. You can really feel it when you load it up under hard acceleration.

I will have to get under mine on the weekend and have a look. Thanks for the replies guys.

Back