Cheap rear spring fix

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodynads

Reaction score
Hi guys, just letting you know what I did with my 03 D22 dual cab rear springs.
Now because its a bit tired (190Kms) and had a hard life the rear leafs were so flat they had nearly inverted and the ride was very rough, especially as I had just fitted a steel tray as well (heavier than wellbody)
Now this rig only gets used for fishing/beach work and its a bit rough so I didnt want to spend any sort of coin replacing suspension mainly because I have a sweet 100 series as well with bilsteins etc and have done my dough on that one!

So I scored a full set of standard suspension from a lad who upgraded for a carton and pulled my rear springs out and made the 4 sets into 2. Bit of grinding here and there and basically just added a leaf (just like the aftermarket mobs do) The long one under the hanger one. Had to use longer retaining bolts through the leaves but the standard u bolts fitted easily.
End result was it lifted it an easy 40mm, spring shape is back how it should be and the ride is so so so much better. Wound the torsions up to suit.
All for a carton and some of my labour. Very happy!

i can see how they were past there use by date, mine had 85 000 on it when i bought it and the whole suspension set up was buggered

Thats exactly what I was on! after spending $10000 on my 100 series....the wife wouldnt allow any money to be spent on my fishing ute! lucky I'm a mechanic!

Latest posts

Back