Cheap rip off cars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the new shape looks a lot better:

478415_85f9cd6651801e557e5de524c1ce21e8.jpg

162009-Great-Wall-Wingle-A5_700.jpg

Hahaha, now it's a VW Golf magic taped to the front of a Rodeo??

It does look much better though.

Grouse!
I'll trade my Thai d22 for one of them and still go home with change!
Waiting to see the new VW dualcab hit our shores and how much damage that will inflict on the Hilux market.

No seriously it is a thought I have. Once again I pity the poor bugger that turns up on this forum proudly proclaiming to have got an 09 D22 for a steal !

Back in the late 80 a local car yard bought the rights to be a dealer for a little known indian car company called MAHINDERA. Basically a very cheap Indian jeep wrangler. Never ever saw 1 on the road. Only a few years ago I started to see adds for another Indian car. That one was called TATA. I actually did see a few of these on the road but now a few years have passed, the adds are gone and so too, it seems are the cars they sold. They are almost all gone. I say almost cos about 6 months ago I sat behind one that looked and sounded like it was 20 years old. Piece of CRAP! Maybe Great Wall will be gone in a few years, maybe they wont, but everybody thought HYUNDAI wouldn't last cos their excells were basically copies of old ford LASERS! Then they released their "all new" EXCEL in the early 90's that raise the benchmark in small car styling and the rest is history. Maybe the new model will be their "EXCEL" and is what will cement them in our motoring culture.

GW motors are now releasing a camper version of their ute. They may not be making top 10 lists for sales yet but they are still selling cars in this country and the camper version is hoped to be here with in 12 months I think they said.

Can't think of the other China brand coming over here this year but there is one brand that's got one dealership in WA signed on as a test to see how the cars sell but they are more pushing towards the small car market, just like the new GW which will be here soon.

I don't think we'll get rid of GW in a hurry and the new companies entering the market will be in the same boat, sure they might never rival Holden and Ford but they'll be around.

A guy i used to work with owned a TATA tray and it pretty much did all he ever wanted it to around the farm and the tray was forever scattered in slices of bread and bread bags which he's taken from work to feed the cattle, the birds loved his tray yet with the bread and bags which really held the water after it rained the tray never rusted and the only thing that really killed the thing was the bushfires.

Well there ya go some times it pays to read back more than one page, not often but sometimes, my humblest apologies oh leader of the pack I will be more careful next time and not waste a post stating something already posted.

I'm just linking a picture of it if someone wants to see one.

The sarcasm machine has gone into overdrive.

<Quotes delete text> Can I shove it where the sun don't shine? </Quote>

Sheesh I was under the impression that a little sarcasm never hurt anyone but I shall stand corrected once again my apologies I shall speak about this in confession later and hopefully my forgiveness will be granted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back