Chinese Winches

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shan_b

Reaction score
Hey guys, bit of a question, bit of a comment.

Has anyone noticed that just about all these chinese winches are the same? regardless of price! I know the look of a winch can't vary to widely, but the terminal placings and such on a lot of the ebay winches look all the same across several brands?

I was also just wondering, when people complain about a winch, how much of it comes down to misuse or improper maintnenance? I saw one youtube vid, where a guy was complaining about his tigerz winch being rusty?!?! try cleaning it after you fill it with mud dumbass! I'm sure there are duds out there, just like cars...

Just thought I'd put this up, as I'm about to buy a cheapish winch and it's always good to get opinions

The way i look at it, if you are going to use it every week in comps and such, spend the big dollars and get a Warn, or whatever brand they use. If not, and you only use it occasionally, and lets face it, if you are using it all the time then you need to reconsider your over all set up. Buy the cheaper one that will still get you out of trouble, if and when it shits itself, buy another one. Still coming in a lot cheaper than the big names. Growing up we burned out 2 Warn winches in the bush on the 70 series cruiser, and i can tell you that my old man was anal about looking after stuff. I suppose the ARB gear looks more expensive, and when you see a ute with the ARB bars work and the big W tucked into the bullbar you think "bastards got some coin". But in all honesty, buy what works not what looks the ducks nuts and i think you will come out in front easily.

Thats my 2c worth...

after my warn 9500 didnt have the balls i got a ridgeryder 12000 for 600 (on sale normally 8-900 i think) and ive put it through its paces up here in townsvile in the wet season (the mud is more like clay in some places)its about a yr old and still going strong.would deffently buy another

i had a tigerz 12000 lb and what a piece of shit that was!!! got a tjm one now, should have jus got the tjm to start with

There's a good reason the "Chinese" winches all look the same: they all know how to use a photocopier.

I have an Aldi winch (and they're on special again soon). I've only had to use it 3 times but it's performed quite well. The remote control has a bit of lag, and if you need to stop-start with some precision then just use the cable control - but otherwise it's hard to fault.

Especially for $400.

There's a good reason the "Chinese" winches all look the same: they all know how to use a photocopier.

I have an Aldi winch (and they're on special again soon). I've only had to use it 3 times but it's performed quite well. The remote control has a bit of lag, and if you need to stop-start with some precision then just use the cable control - but otherwise it's hard to fault.

Especially for $400.

Mines been great. Used it a couple of times for testing and works well. Same with remote but I can deal with that. Eventually I will wire in can switches though. When I'm bothered.

I put a brand new warn branded motor on my warn winch last, And guess what? The motor is branded made in china

I've got a ridge Ryder 12000lb on mine too. Only used it twice, once to pre load the rope and once to rescue the other half's car when she got bogged, lol. It has been OK though so I can't complain.

The only thing to keep in mind is the eBay ones may use less powerful motors for the same weight rating so it might be a bit slower. The other thing to keep in mind when deciding what size to get is if you are planning on towing a camper or off road caravan to make sure you get one big enough to handle the extra weight just in case...

I was actually only talking to a guy at work about Chinese stuff yesterday and the thing is, big companies from different countries will have better QA and QC procedures in place than what the little Chinese companies will have, so even though other things may be made in china they should be of better quality than purely Chinese made products..

Last edited:
i had a tigerz 12000 lb and what a piece of shit that was!!! got a tjm one now, should have jus got the tjm to start with

Hercules or Grande? heard the Hercules were crap though they've improved with the newer Grande Winches, heard some good reports about them.

The reason I got the ridge Ryder is because my warn 9500 couldn't get me out off the very very deep mud pit I was in that was banked by a 20m high slope that was all mud and a good 60 degree angle,the pit was almost half way up the door.so I went into town and got the ridge Ryder coz it was on sale at super cheap,I thought hey if it can't do it I'll just return it,sure as hell didn't have very high expectations but with coin limitations I had no choice,so when I got back I managed to shore up a space around the bulbar and mount the new 1,took a good couple hrs to dig the mud from the bullbar to get in there to mount it.anyway got it mounted and the only winch point was up the top of the bank at a almost right angle to the car (I'm thinking there is no way this thing is Gunna get out).but I hooked it up and gave it a crack,sure as shit it pulled her out and up the bank.and has had many a good recovery after that.my ute is 2.6 ton btw.i will no dought never buy another brand when I can get the ridge Ryder for 600 with warranty.

The reason I got the ridge Ryder is because my warn 9500 couldn't get me out off the very very deep mud pit I was in that was banked by a 20m high slope that was all mud and a good 60 degree angle,the pit was almost half way up the door.so I went into town and got the ridge Ryder coz it was on sale at super cheap,I thought hey if it can't do it I'll just return it,sure as hell didn't have very high expectations but with coin limitations I had no choice,so when I got back I managed to shore up a space around the bulbar and mount the new 1,took a good couple hrs to dig the mud from the bullbar to get in there to mount it.anyway got it mounted and the only winch point was up the top of the bank at a almost right angle to the car (I'm thinking there is no way this thing is Gunna get out).but I hooked it up and gave it a crack,sure as shit it pulled her out and up the bank.and has had many a good recovery after that.my ute is 2.6 ton btw.i will no dought never buy another brand when I can get the ridge Ryder for 600 with warranty.

Did you attempt to use a snatch block?

nope didnt have it with me,but the warn always struggled with the wieght of my ute,not putting the warns down as 9500 nomatter what the brand would struggle with my ute.
just sayin that rydge are well worth there price tag.
i noticed in another thread your from down south,when i joined the army out of school i moved up to townsville but im moveing back home (Nowra) and starting a buisness.is there a good range of 4bing/Camping on the southcoast??

nope didnt have it with me,but the warn always struggled with the wieght of my ute,not putting the warns down as 9500 nomatter what the brand would struggle with my ute.
just sayin that rydge are well worth there price tag.
i noticed in another thread your from down south,when i joined the army out of school i moved up to townsville but im moveing back home (Nowra) and starting a buisness.is there a good range of 4bing/Camping on the southcoast??

Nah I'm from Sydney but have a caravan down south.
Plenty of 4WDing down there, from basic to stuff you'd struggle doing in a xomp truck

:hmmmm: For some reason my winch is always getting a work out..........
Its a china and hasnt missed a beat just keeps pulling Hilux's out of the crap, up hills that the nav just drove up ect ect.
The only time the thing doesnt get used is when i go with other Nissan's hahaha :rambo:

d0f81708.jpg

a2152fde-1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back