Chip It looking for a test pig in Perth

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing yet. Perth have not done any work on the 550. They had issues with another Model and needed to get that right first. Next week I think they are looking to do the 550 project.

Not for the 550 as yet. Sorry guys. I know it is has been long in the tooth. Hopefully just after Christmas as the Christmas rush is certainly not conducive to RD on new vehicles.

I'm willing but my pick up is located on the other side of the world, the Caribbean to be exact.

550 is probably the last ute to need a powerchip of any sort :) as it performs quite well in its original state of tune.

Last edited:
550 is probably the last ute to need a powerchip of any sort :) as it performs quite well in its original state of tune.

I recon the 550 is crying out for an engine chip, it has a shitload of turbo lag and a lazy gearbox which makes it one of the most frustrating vehicles I've ever had.
Chip fixed the turbo lag up somewhat on mine and made it much better to drive.

I recon the 550 is crying out for an engine chip, it has a shitload of turbo lag and a lazy gearbox which makes it one of the most frustrating vehicles I've ever had.
Chip fixed the turbo lag up somewhat on mine and made it much better to drive.

These are sophisticated engines that are designed as a compromise between power , economy and reliability , it is not that easy to improve on factory tune without major drawbacks .
I ve had rodeo , hilux and bt50 before and 550 is by far the best drive so far . Keep in mind it is a commercial vehicle not a performance car. I do have another car that is more performance orientated so I guess that is why I am happy with stock 550 .
Laggy standing start does not worry me as 550 excels at long distance driving - to be fair 550 is still the quickest accelerating ute one the market so it can't be that bad.

These are sophisticated engines that are designed as a compromise between power , economy and reliability , it is not that easy to improve on factory tune without major drawbacks .
I ve had rodeo , hilux and bt50 before and 550 is by far the best drive so far . Keep in mind it is a commercial vehicle not a performance car. I do have another car that is more performance orientated so I guess that is why I am happy with stock 550 .
Laggy standing start does not worry me as 550 excels at long distance driving - to be fair 550 is still the quickest accelerating ute one the market so it can't be that bad.

I have a lot of weight (close to 3ton) all the time, bigger tyres & mostly city driving so I guess the lag & gearbox gets to me a bit. Definitely drives better with the chip on & better fuel economy too

I remember reading that in testing Renault engineers had achieved 180kw/ 650 Nm - will there be Navara 650 down the track or was the V9X one off for Nissan Navara ?

Latest posts

Back