Chips and fuel usage

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy john

Reaction score
Just finished my tax for the last 2 years. The few that know my rig know that it goes like a cut snake now, but after the chip and exhaust when driven like gran returns the same figures as stock standard. I got 2 years of records put the boot in with 159hp you chew it but normal driving returns 9-10 ltrs per 100.I don't believe any chip manufacture that claims a fuel saving.

I'd be happy with that, extra power (and drivability) when needed, just respect it to save on the juice.
I'm mid way through tuning my D22 YD25, could you tell me what PSI and AFR's you are running, or could you send me a dyno sheet with ARF graph please.
I'm heading back to my mates dyno this weekend for a little tweek with some more boost.
Cheers

Mine ( 10l/100clicks from new ) hasnt changed ( with DP chip on 9 and 3' exhaust --20% increase in top end power verified by dyno ) as well..reality of it is we rarely do use full throttle and not for long.

Diesel tuner mentioned claims to fuel consumption as well..very difficult claim to back up--BUT they all claim it...remember UP TO X %

I'd be happy with that, extra power (and drivability) when needed, just respect it to save on the juice.
I'm mid way through tuning my D22 YD25, could you tell me what PSI and AFR's you are running, or could you send me a dyno sheet with ARF graph please.
I'm heading back to my mates dyno this weekend for a little tweek with some more boost.
Cheers
Hi mate the forum software won't allow me to send an attachment via pm 'if you can pm me your email address I can pass this on.

John

Just finished my tax for the last 2 years. The few that know my rig know that it goes like a cut snake now, but after the chip and exhaust when driven like gran returns the same figures as stock standard. I got 2 years of records put the boot in with 159hp you chew it but normal driving returns 9-10 ltrs per 100.I don't believe any chip manufacture that claims a fuel saving.

That's been my experience too, vastly improved power and drivability especially when towing, but no change to fuel economy figures. Given that most if not all chip manufacturers claim improved fuel figures as part of their sell, I don't know where they come up with that..

Hi mate,
Looks like most are reporting the same, like I said as the car is used for work I use a spread sheet like Tony. With the van 1.7t I still get 14 per 100 and pleased with that. The recent claim of 90% increase seems to be dusted under the covers. I guess it's all a marketing ploy.
John

I had mine D22 back on the Dyno last week for some more tuning. Now running 19PSI and a 19-20:1 Air Fuel with the Chip-it chip, it made 125hp and over 400NM, what is impressive for me is the 1800km road trip over the last few days with 9ltr/100km at 110km/h, 700km from a tank with no fuel light. The standard set up was 10ltr/100km.

My fuel figures are the same after a DTUK install except when i put the foot down it goes a lot better. I drove from Sydney to Jindabyne, up to the tube twice, filled up in Canberra and it averaged 7.9 (car's trip computer, my calculations were 8.7 l/ph) with 3 blokes in the car plus gear. I was very happy with that.

My fuel consumption has gone up about 1/2 a litre per 100km with a DTUK chip but the power gain has been massive. And i like to get my foot into it.....

I had mine D22 back on the Dyno last week for some more tuning. Now running 19PSI and a 19-20:1 Air Fuel with the Chip-it chip, it made 125hp and over 400NM, what is impressive for me is the 1800km road trip over the last few days with 9ltr/100km at 110km/h, 700km from a tank with no fuel light. The standard set up was 10ltr/100km.
Good job mate mine was very lean from the factory. Did you find yours was as well?.

Latest posts

Back