Ciggy lighter socket to 12volt socket

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all...i have ST Nav...2010.....does anyone know if you can replace the cigarette lighter with a 12 volt socket port??? in the ST the ciggy lighter is just above the 12 volt socket...as i dont smoke and my ciggy socket keeps coming loose apparently due to the phone charger/ipod charger i use(Nissan told me this) is not meant for the ciggy hole....seams like a cheap made socket to me if they cant withstand a phone charger in them...any help would be welcomed.....cheers n beers
Andrew:wash_truck:

I smoke and dont use my cigerette lighter in the car. I have a a phone charger plugged into it and have never had a issue in my D22.

Just put a better made lighter socket in it.

Dave.

There is usually no problems replacing any ciggy lighter, the problem is getting one to fit the space you want to put it in. Newer cars have smaller barrels than they used to but they still can be brought after market.

Also don't always assume that the plug you're using is the same size just because it looks the same as the rest. When you can buy car phone chargers off ebay for $3 it's a fair bet that they don't go through much quality testing and it only take a millimeter or so difference in one plug to make it a tight fit which can make a difference. I've got one charger that needs quite firm pressure to push it into the socket where as the others all slide in fairly easily.

Latest posts

Back