Cleaning intake manifold

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chich

Reaction score
Hey lads,

So I bought my d22 a few months ago at 87,000 km and after become familiar with the forum and the old girl I suspected She was lacking the grunt she was capable of due to a caked up intake manifold curtesy of the egr. I blanked it straight away, but it has taken me slightly longer to get to this next bit. I took the intercooler off this afternoon and was unpleasantly unsurprised to find I was right, she was caked up and plenty of oil was moving through the intercooler.

What I want to know is who has cleaned their intake manifold at home and how hard is it to do? Do I need to be wary of anything or should I just go ahead and take it off.

Cheers
I'll upload some photos to show you what I mean asap

Here are the photos guys ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440937137.593202.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440937161.352549.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440937171.735440.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440937180.893911.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440937190.763179.jpg

doesnt look that bad to be honest but its always good to clean the intake after you blank the egr, you will need a new intake gasket just for peace of mind in case the old one will let air in and torque wrench for the nuts, service manual in here says the bolting sequence and torque specs.

I just added a catch can to mine and thinking of petrol washing out the intercooler. Shouldn't cause any issues... Hopefully!

i payed my mech to do it as i couldnt be farked cleaning it with a toothbrush, $300 for the cooler and intake to be cleaned...... he probably just soaked it in fuel and threw it in the ultrasonic.

i payed my mech to do it as i couldnt be farked cleaning it with a toothbrush, $300 for the cooler and intake to be cleaned...... he probably just soaked it in fuel and threw it in the ultrasonic.

:confused2: $300??
Could of taken it down the local servo and pumped 200 odd litres of premium thru it. .

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to having a crack this weekend. I read that you need to disconnect the fuel lines when doing this? Is fuel going to poor out if I don't?

clamp the fuel lines so they don,t empty out which could cause an air lock in the fuel line when you put it back together.

mine was very gunked after 130k so well worth it imo, its a perfect shit job for apprentices, not for me to waste my time on my work leave.

Only taking thapiss mate.. you couldnt stand at a servo either. Not a bad price to ensure continued reliability

yeah he did a better job than i could of achieved in my garage, looks brand new inside again, with EGR and catch can fitted last year hopefully it stays clean now.

Latest posts

Back