Clicking clutch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick-J

Reaction score
Every time I push in the clutch pedal a click comes from inside the gearbox bell housing. Has anyone had this before? Cheers, Mick.

Clicking Clutch

Hi Old.Tony, Sorry i didn't put enough detail, only new at this computer stuff, I wasn't sure anyone would reply. Anyway it is a 05 d22 3.0td, has done 85,000kms. I work for a mine so it is on dirt/mud roads every week, it hasn't been in water just a few deep mud puddles. The click is loud enough to hear outside the ute. Cheers.

The general of thumb around here is we'll reply whether we know the answer or not. Sometimes we might not know the solution but may know where to look or what extra info is needed.

Anyway, there should be a dust cover in the bell housing with a clip retaining it. These should be in place to prevent dust or water (or mud etc) getting in. Check that this is in place - it's a squarish cover that the control arm passes through.

The click may be a worn/damaged thrust bearing or one of the pressure plate springs. There's not a lot else in there - the hydraulic arm pushes the withdrawal lever, which pushes the thrust bearing, which depresses the springs in the pressure plate releasing the pressure on the clutch allowing it to slip.

I'll go with a thrust bearing.

Mine does it but only when its been raining heavy.

Mine comes from the spring on the pedal I think. Dont know why but doesn't really bother me.

Dave.

Ok thanks guys, sometimes it doesn't click if you don't fully depress the peddle, but i was thinking along the lines of thrust bearing or arm. Just wondering weather it was a common fault. again thanks, it's good to know there is help & advice out there. Cheers, Mick.

Latest posts

Back