Climate control for 2004 D22 & heater core bypass

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toadnode

Reaction score
Why would I want it you ask? Well... I'm a former Xtrail owner and really enjoyed the convenience of climate control as well as the ambient temp gauge. Not only for that reason but the fact that I find I'm fiddling with the temp a lot between the engine being cold -> hot. Diesel temps seem to vary a lot more and over a longer period.

I know the Navara comes with climate control options in countries other than Australia but what I'm wondering is how hard it would be to fit one to mine provided I can find the parts required that is. My thoughts are that the heater box should be the same between the two with exception to servos/control module vs manual controls.

Perhaps our local Pathfinder shares similar components? I know the controls are very similar to the Xtrails.

Whilst on the topic, has anyone bypassed their heater core to prevent heat soak in the cabin? I dont mind driving around with the windows down during those mildly warm summer days but in the nav your forced to use the AC all summer. I'm thinking about finding a vac heater tap from another vehicle and controlling it with the vac solendoid now unused after the egr mod. Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Toad.

Mate try the UK. I have been thinking about doing this for a few years.

Plenty of D22's have been wrecked over there, as they got the shitty YD25 non CRD which had a tendency to throw rods through the block.

Most of it should go straight in from what I understand.

Thanks Dave but I was thinking maybe theres some equivalent components already here we could utilise? I might have to check some wreckers and make a visual comparison between navara/pathfinder HVAC's.

Shipping a whole climate control over from UK may not be so cost effective...unless of course it was a bulk purchase. Maybe someone out there knows a wrecker already bringing this UK stuff in?

Mate try the R50 Pathfinder for parts to. Not sure if they fit.

But worth a try.

I've touched base with some wreckers, or "breakers" as they call them in UK, they tell me it's possible to swap in a climate control but the ac/heater box is completely different and its a big job as the main loom also needs to be changed.

I think I'll give this one a miss... :S

But I will do the heater core bypass and report back here for others who may be interested.

Latest posts

Back