Clock and trip meter resetting itself?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trb012

Reaction score
Hey guy's jumped into the nav this morning turned the key and fired her up then noticed my clock and trip meter had re-set itself? Ive had it happen once before but just put it down as a one off radio is fine so must be something in the cluster itself anyone else had this happen?

Check the fuses, I can't remember which one it is but I had the same issue in a brand new Pulsar years ago, Nissan took the fuse out while they installed the factory mods I ordered the car with and they forgot to put the fuse back in.

There's also the possibility that it's the earth for the instrument cluster, and it's also possible that the battery is JUST down enough on volts to trigger the cluster into a reset but not the radio or ECU as you crank the engine over (draw current = voltage drop).

Tomorrow morning, pop the bonnet before starting the engine and measure the voltage across the battery and post the value in here. If it's below 12.2V I'd suggest your battery is suffering - perhaps from age, perhaps from an alternator not quite delivering what it ought to.

I had it happen about 3 weeks ago. I thought i was special and the feds had bugged my nav. Now you have shattered that thought

My nav did this when I 1st got it. It was just a dodgy fuse. I ended up replacing them all as they all looked a bit old and crusty.

Checked all fuses last night and replaced the fuse for the cluster so will see how it go's. Tested battery it had 12.4v and alternator is charging at 14.6 so all seem's ok there will keep an eye on it but. Thanks for the tips guys

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I've had my Nav for a few months now and has happened 2 or 3 times...

Anyone figure this out???

P155ing me off coz I'm keeping an eye on my fuel economy to see if when I do the EGR mod it changes

Mine does it too! Tripping me out when I look at the clock. Will check the fuses as above trying to watch the fuel economy also.

When mine started to do this, it worked out to be the battery on it way out.
Now have replaced battery it has never done it again, don't know if this helps.

same as above.
used to happen from time to time but nothing since fitting a new battery.

I have this same problem, however my batteries are new. I have had recent earthing problems. Does anyone know where the ECU earth is?

I have this same problem, however my batteries are new. I have had recent earthing problems. Does anyone know where the ECU earth is?
The ecu is under the dash, under the radio, so the earth should be around there somewhere...

Haha that narrows it down. I have found two small earth's near the brake and clutch fluid containers coming off some wiring which I cleaned and checked. No luck though

If you look up into the passenger's side footwell, towards the middle of the dash you will see it. Being inside the cab, you wouldn't expect it to have any earthing issues, but anything is possible. It isn't hard to get to, just have to remove the gear shifter surround and that little piece of dash trim in front of it from memory. I can't remember whether the ground cables were on the driver's or passenger's side, but they won't be hard to find.

Back