clunking noise when turning left

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

force3

Reaction score
just had an ironman 50mm lift fitted to my 2010 D22 str . first problem was the right hand side splines stripped out of the torsion bar adjuster and now having had that replaced have a clunking noise every time i turn left. I have been underneath and tightened up all the bits the professional fitter left loose but its still clunking and banging.The car is fitted with 285/75/16 muddies and 8 inch gecko black steel wheels. any similar problems and or fixes out there

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. I'd think bump stops as well, but I'd also wonder if the shocks are managing things too. What if they didn't change shocks and just wound up the torsion bars - wouldn't the shocks be at their limit of travel?

new shocks, torsion bars and leaf springs also new bushes, there is also a good 50mm gap between the top wishbone and bump stop

What if they didn't change shocks and just wound up the torsion bars - wouldn't the shocks be at their limit of travel?

No, at the front the range of travel is fully defined and can only be changed by altering the bumpstops. Increasing the ride height does not affect the range of travel, so the shocks need not be changed.

Anti-roll bar still fitted? All anti-roll bar bushes in good condition and snug? It's easy to disconnect, so you can trial disconnecting it just to rule it out.

car is only 6months old and has only been 400 ks up the birdsville track and back and the suspension is only 3 weeks old. noises started after lift kit was fitted. stripped the splines out of the right hand side torsion bar adjuster after 3 days only driven about 30 ks total

Make sure the torsion bar is all the way home as in pushed right in where it goes into the control arm. Does it only make the noise when turning or on full lock.If it is sounds like it could be the steering stops if it isnt the torsion bar.Welcome to the forum

Back