Clutch or flywheel buggerd?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrew0

Reaction score
08 d40 stx manual 6 speed. Clutch isn't slipping at all, getting a lot of shutter. Guessing that clutch plate is warped? Do the dmf fail easy on these? Can I get away with just changing the clutch for now or should I just bite the bullet and swap to a smf. Trying to essentials sorted to I can come to the muster.

If i had to get a new clutch then i probably would go to SMF and be gone with the DMF.
Quite a few have gone down that path now and are getting good results, there has been a few saying that they got a vibration or a slight shudder so you may need to look at what brand people are using.
I know Mike1303 has done it and is very happy, maybe send him a PM and check what brand he is running.

If there's no slippage but there's a shuddering, then either there's something wrong with the flywheel surface, the pressure plate springs or one of the springs inside the DMF has broken (or its mount has broken). It's happened before - had a couple of reports of broken springs, and one report of bad pressure plate springs. Thrust bearing sat sideways putting pressure on one side of the plate, from memory a light pressure on the clutch pedal (not enough to disengage the clutch) smoothened things out.

Latest posts

Back