Clutch pedal free play

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcbuist

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Navara D22 2008 YD25

Noticed the clutch pedal free play is changing after a long drive then goes back to normal after cooling down. When cold I have approx 20mm of free play and after an hour drive it almost doubles.

Im going to replace the oil this week but as I have a long trip coming up could anyone suggest what might be happening so I can get it sorted before I go. I don't notice any clutch slipping and everything drives as normal besides the free play.

Fluid reservoir is full and I cannot see any leaks.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Is any of the clutch line rubber or is it all metal? Any rubber section might be going soft and expanding under pressure, otherwise i'd guess moisture in the fluid.

It will be rubber between the body and the slave cylinder. If you're not sure when it was changed last, it is worth doing. Bleed the maater cylinder first, then the slave. The nipples on the clutch system are 8mm instead of 10mm like the brake system, just to be difficult... the nipple on the slave is also a pain to get to if you are using a 1 man bleeding kit. On that note, you meed a hose the goes over the outside of the nipple if you want to use one of those kits. The little prong thing that fits inside the nipples on the brakes won't fit into the clutch ones for some reason... probably because they're smaller...

Hey everyone sorry for the delay in replying. I replaced the rubber hose and changed fluid and everything seems good again. Thanks to everyone that helped.

Hey everyone sorry for the delay in replying. I replaced the rubber hose and changed fluid and everything seems good again. Thanks to everyone that helped.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where this rubber hose is on the car or a part number for it?? I have a similar problem and just had the clutch fluid changed to no avail.

Latest posts

Back