Clutch Repacement - How to?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Element-RB

Reaction score
Two fold question, how hard is the ZD30 clutch to replace? SUggestions on brands... Excedy etc...

Does anyone have experience with a good mechanic on the Southside to do the work?

I am cabaple of doing the work, just need ot know fi there is anything out of place to watch out for?

Cheers,

ElementRB

Got access to a hoist ?

If not, pay someone. You'll hate the car afterwards.

How many km's you done ?

agreed, i changed mine (4terrrain)
and it was without a hoist, it was on the ground with 4 odd jacks, I WANTED TO BURN THE THING IN THE END

but in saying that its not incredibly hard, mine was a fair bit harder then most as my torsion bars were seized so i had to flex them down in order to drop a move the gearbox.

IF your short on money and have no other option then have a crack, if no then pay someone.

I did mine at 200k (2003 d22str) with a hoist, should have paid someone!!! I used ACS -outback extreme clutch- no problems so far.

Thanks for the feedback guys, i think i will get someone to deal with it instead of myself =)

Truck has about 130000klms on it, but after last weekend at LCMP it feels like it is slipping, the bite point is uch higher in the throw of the pedal. My guess is it may have got a bit wet or even had some mud get in there. Either way i guess the GB has to come off.

Looking at the clutches themselves, looks like Excedy will be around $450 upward, will look at ACS and 4terrain too.

Cheers,

ElementRB

Why not take the block out and not drop the gear box ???? easier for one person to do - any thoughts anyone?

Thanks for the feedback guys, i think i will get someone to deal with it instead of myself =)

Truck has about 130000klms on it, but after last weekend at LCMP it feels like it is slipping, the bite point is uch higher in the throw of the pedal. My guess is it may have got a bit wet or even had some mud get in there. Either way i guess the GB has to come off.

Looking at the clutches themselves, looks like Excedy will be around $450 upward, will look at ACS and 4terrain too.

Cheers,

ElementRB

just paid $770 for a excedy HD clutch for my zd30, Lost first gear in the gearbox and while the box it rebuilt i'll change the clutch and rear main seal as well. Save chancing having to pull it out again in 50K. Thats said bit pissed off about a gearbox rebuild at 140000km, getting it rebuilt this week.

Please post up your prices for clutches guys, I'm about to go see my mechanic and get mine replaced. I'm sure it's the source of the vibration/rattling noises I'm hearing.

Latest posts

Back