Cobez's 2006 STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$2500 for an ARB smooth canopy fitted isnt a bad price from them! Mine had an ARB canopy on it when i first bought it. Stupidly back then, i sold it. But now i have a canopy again so im happy.

Nahhhh no vinyl wrapping. Im not a fan of that stuff. I'll just leave it black id say. Just keen to get in on the Nav so i can get the false floor started.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426159015.723506.jpg

I love building things

Yea mate. I also pick up from em... IM a truck driver. IM in heaven when i got to the warehouse.... IM like what's next for navii....

Ahhhh yeah hahahaha. Dangerous job going to ARB mate hahaha.

Ordered some replacement window brackets for the canopy. The people at Snugtop were extremely helpful. They will arrive Monday. Should have the canopy sealed and on the tray Tuesday night. I'm going to go through the whole thing and re-glue the window seals and Sikaflex all the window edges where they meet the canopy.

Very easy work for a $600 canopy. When all is said and done, including purchase price, i haven't even spent the original asking price of $800.

Ahhhh yeah hahahaha. Dangerous job going to ARB mate hahaha.

Ordered some replacement window brackets for the canopy. The people at Snugtop were extremely helpful. They will arrive Monday. Should have the canopy sealed and on the tray Tuesday night. I'm going to go through the whole thing and re-glue the window seals and Sikaflex all the window edges where they meet the canopy.

Very easy work for a $600 canopy. When all is said and done, including purchase price, i haven't even spent the original asking price of $800.

Good job!!!!!

Looks good, not minding the look of the nav with a nice canopy. Really looking into it myself and ditching towing my trailer around everyday.

Im pretty happy with it for $600. Needed to order a few bits from the place that made it but that was all good. Now to start building the false floor so i can throw my 4WD mat in the back and sleep in it instead of setting up tents when camping.

Started knocking up an MDF frame for my false floor. My drawers sit underneath up at the tailgate end with the frame attached to the rear of the drawers up to the cabin end of the tub. Cross braced etc for strength.

Then a 12mm floor will be attached to the top of that which will cover the drawers and take up all the space width ways in the tub. I have a 3m x 2m sheet of grey marine carpet that will be layed down over the floor and that will be my bed when camping.

It's been made so i can throw my 4WD mat on the floor but im at the perfect level to lay there and see out the windows, yet is secured via tie downs to anchor points in tge floor of the tub for ease of removal if need be.

Floor sits about 3" below the top of the tub so i have plenty of room between me and the roof of the canopy. Should be done by tomorrow arvo as i have this week off work (finally). Pics up tomorrow once its done!

I think after this i'll upgrade to Tough Dog medium duty leaf springs, so any weight i want to add from here on in wont be a problem. HD might be a bit much.

Before i carpet the floor, i was considering getting the jigsaw out and cutting out a trapdoor above each cross braced section in the floor so the space under the floor behind the drawers isnt wasted. I can keep items in there that dont need to be accessed too often.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back