Colarado

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nakedape

Reaction score
Picked up the new Colarado for work the other day. Seemed alright at first - good seat, good radio/bluetooth etc. But a few things are so shit about these things that I just wouldn't buy one:

1) you need to clutch in to start it - every time, no matter what. I want to be able to start it from outside the car with it in neutral.

2) it stalls if the revs drop. Unlike the Nav, Cruiser, ranga etc, it just wont idle through rough shit. Then you have to clutch in again to get it going. No torque?

3) Its under powered - not a big deal, but while I'm whinging...

Picked up the new Colarado for work the other day. Seemed alright at first - good seat, good radio/bluetooth etc. But a few things are so shit about these things that I just wouldn't buy one:

1) you need to clutch in to start it - every time, no matter what. I want to be able to start it from outside the car with it in neutral.

2) it stalls if the revs drop. Unlike the Nav, Cruiser, ranga etc, it just wont idle through rough shit. Then you have to clutch in again to get it going. No torque?

3) Its under powered - not a big deal, but while I'm whinging...

apparently the dmax is better

I dont have a new colorado but a 2008 model. V6 petrol and it drives me insane. Its alot more comfy then my bosses ve ute but geeee it can go through some fuel. 350 tp a tank, doesnt help its carrying full deck of tools and 1000s pf other pieces

Alot of the new 4wds are pretty pathetic offroad. A mate just purchased a brand new ranger. Yes it was stock standard but i remember putting my nav places it shouldnt have been stock standard.

Rusty

We have one as a work ute as well, the 2.5 common rail, it really struggles in the low rev range, ours has 2 tool boxes with tools and parts, 30L water and about 60 litres of fuel and oil and a compressor. a lot of weight i know but we used to have a courier and that had a lot more torque down low. On a decent hill you have to really ride the clutch or it just stalls.

Latest posts

Back