Complete novice about to buy my first 4x4 - Help!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chall

Reaction score
Forgive me for sounding like a complete weapon but I am totally new to all this. I'm about to buy my first 4x4 and have decided upon a Navara. I'm getting my head around all the different specs and have been looking on Gumtree for motors in the Perth area but one thing is confusing me when I look at pictures of automatics in that I can't see a low range stick on them. I've driven my mates auto Discovery which has a separate LR/HR stick so I guess my question is do all auto have low range?
Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!
Chall.

They don't have one champ.
Got a toggle switch on the dash you flick is all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the Auto 4x4's Nav's have low range, it is an Electronically activated lowrange with automatic front hubs, hence there being no stick!
It looks similar to this dial, which is on the new NP300 navara(Which also has a factory diff lock!)
nissannp300navara_91.jpg

Thank you very much gents! I'm flying down from Karratha to Perth so need to make sure my home work is done because it's going to be a whirlwind mission to find a car.

Next dumb question: do the manuals all have a stick? Some photos people post on Gumtree don't make things easy!

This is very much appreciated!

All the manuals are the same as auto, electronic dial! Make sure you test everything works, test going into High, low(Sometimes can take a bit of reversing, or going into neutral and fiddling around to get it to change).
Then all the normal stuff, servicing etc etc
Check if the timing chain has been done, if the PCV has ever been done.

If you want some super fast replies and advice, hop onto the "Navlife" facebook page, great bunch of blokes there who can tell you all the things to look out for.

Thanks heaps for all your help here. Really impressed with people help so far! So stoked on buying some new wheels and can't wait to get down to Perth because there's so much choice than up here. I'll check out the Facebook page too.
Thanks again guys!

If your seeing the stick in photos that's most likely a d22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back