concerns about my lift kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10navst

Reaction score
Hey all, I just put an EFS lift kit in the nav and I'm concerned that the front isn't sitting as high as it should. The rear is awesomely high, I'm happy with it but the front seems to be only 5mm higher than stock measurements. The reason I say "seems" is that I forgot to take the before measurement but researched on here that it's around 510 from centre of wheel. Mine sits at 515. I have bullbar, winch and 3pce bashplates fitted and it seems that the supplier gave me the right springs being the 70 - 110kg constant load front springs as I looked up EFS part numbers. I went past the shop after the wheel alignment and showed them but they said I should wait a little bit and see how they settle in and then maybe put in some spacers to raise it a bit. I think the spacers aren't the fix, there must be something else thats the issue.

What are your thoughts as its giving me headaches thinking about it all?

Cheers.

G'day

Find a stock Navara the same model as yours and get out the tape measure. Stop the guesswork.

Hey mate,
from the bottom of rim (16") to guard mine measured drivers725mm passenger735mm when it was stock and new..
2011 Thai ST

i have steel bar, winch with steel cable and 3mm bash plate fitted with HD TD all round...i gained 35mm as expected but has sagged 35mm (i pre/post measured)...havnet been bothered to take it back to opposite lock yet but yea...

currently
from middle mag to under guard 532mm
from bottom 16" factory alloys to bottom guard 735mm same as "ourd40"

Well thats pretty much confirmed my suspicions that the new front coils have only brought me back to standard height with all my accesories on. No lift has been aachieved. Will the wrong shocker cause this as I wss reading the EFS website that there's two syles of shocker available, a full tube and a peg leg. I had a full tube standard and was supplied a peg leg in the kit.

Shockies have nothing to do with the lift. They are simply to stop / dampen the kinetics of a spring.....

So then it must be the wrong spring... There website lists the spring as a pre 2009, mines a 2010.

Last edited:
the way i see it is..which is annoying with these IFS is that we pay the $1500 for the lift to allow us to have steel bar and winch and have the nose back at standard otherwise without the lift it will nose dive like a mofo.

the way i see it is..which is annoying with these IFS is that we pay the $1500 for the lift to allow us to have steel bar and winch and have the nose back at standard otherwise without the lift it will nose dive like a mofo.

I know I'm not going to get more than 40mm higher than standard but I at least expected "more than standard!!!"

Lol how ur feeling is exactly how i felt 3 yrs ago lol dont b a tightarse n throw down $3k on tge diff drop calmini mate n 33" haha

My toughdog lift was good for 25mm after a year and now i have 25mm spacers on top..
I have a lot of weight up front as well

Hi guys.
I have just measured my stock Nav d40 2012 Spanish built and the distance from middle mag to under guard 507mm.
Hope it helps.

Hi guys.
I have just measured my stock Nav d40 2012 Spanish built and the distance from middle mag to under guard 507mm.
Hope it helps.

It does help... the more people that give me stock height figures helps me plead my case to the shop.
Thanks.

Ourd40, mine sits as per the measurement you gave me on the before lift. It's 515 from middle of rim. The shop is trying go sort it out for me without having to go to a HD spring.

I had to go to XHD spring to gain 20mm. They gave HD to start and it sagged within 3 months down to 10mm so they swapped them out for the XHD and that sagged back down to 20mm a year later so dont expect a lot without goin at least HD

If you have a bar up front don't worry about it being to hard it will soften up in no time and if you have plates and a winch go for the heaviest they have..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back