Consult 3 for Injector Registration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fashraf

Reaction score
HI All,

I was wondering if anyone has tried using a consult 3 frm china for injector registration. I purchased one of these and it seems to connect well and diagnose everything, it also manages to clear the Inj Reg Values but when it comes to Registering new injectors it gives a process suspension notice " Test Conditions not met - check vehicle condition"
Is there something im missing in the way im going about it?
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Fashraf

Welcome to the forum.

It's not anything I've tried but I'm guessing that the ECU will have to be placed in a particular mode to accept registration - and it may not just be the selection on the Consult device. They might require a certain sequence of things to be done before it works.

Be nice to get our hands on a more modern workshop manual than the 2005 Euro version that I have!

Here's the procedure for a Consult 2 not sure it will work for Consult 3 but worth a shot.

OPERATION PROCEDURE
NOTE:
 Before performing this procedure, record injector adjustment value printed on a fuel injector.
 When all fuel injectors are replaced or ECM is replaced, it is recommended to perform “INJ ADJ
VAL CLR” in “WORK SUPPORT” mode before performing this procedure. By performing “INJ ADJ
VAL CLR” in “WORK SUPPORT” mode, injector adjustment value stored in ECM is initialized.
1. Turn ignition switch ON (engine stopped).
2. Select “ENTER INJECTOR CALIB DATA” in “WORK SUPPORT” mode with CONSULT-II.
3. Touch “START”.
NOTE:
When touching “START”, CONSULT-II reads injector adjustment values stored in ECM.
4. Select the number of the cylinder which needs Injector Adjustment Value Registration.
5. Input injector adjustment value, and touch “ENTER”.
NOTE:
Input injector adjustment value is stored in CONSULT-II.
6. Repeat step 4 - 5 till there is no cylinder which needs Injector Adjustment Value Registration, and touch
“START”.
NOTE:
When touching “START”, injector adjustment values stored in CONSULT-II are written onto ECM memory.
7. After “CMND FINISHED” is displayed, make sure that the following values are same for each cylinder.
 Injector adjustment value which is printed on a fuel injector.
 Injector adjustment value which is displayed on CONSULT-II screen.
NOTE:
 In this step, CONSULT-II reads injector adjustment values stored in ECM and displays the values on
the CONSULT-II screen. This is for checking if injector adjustment values are written onto ECM memory
correctly.

Sorry to Hi Jack a lil but talking about those Chinese Consult kits on Ebay for 300-400 bucks. Are they any good? anyone got any experience with them?

I'd love a copy of consult 3

HI and thanks for the effort, the procedure for consult 3 is almost the same, what im trying to figure out are the vehicle test conditions i.e i read somewhere in the manual that the lights, defoggers etc need to be turned off, vehicle in park or N, steering straight.
Have just learned that the doors and hood need to be closed as well....maybe thats what i was missing, gonna give it a shot later.
Aside from that the chinese consult 3's seem to work quite ok and for usd 300, not a bad deal, just dont expect any customer support.

Fashraf

Ok so i tried the whole door closed and hood closed sequence and no luck, i dont think the vehicle needs to be started to run any tests only ignition on coz soon as you turn on the ignition it registers P1622 -inj value registration, i have a tuning box hard wired to the ECM so i guess i have to take it apart and redo the wiring bring it back to standard and try again

Fashraf

Tried the consult 3 on a stock navara and it worked like a charm so i have narrowed it down either to the ECM, ECM harness or Injectors, seems like the ECM is not able to read the Injector codes and or store them, trying to get a hold of some used injectors to rule this out, funny though, i have no error codes related to ECM

The codes on the injectors relate to manufacturing tolerance's for how much fuel they disperse. Every injector fires slightly differing amounts so are tested and coded when they are produced. Hence the injector adjustment value.

I picking that the fact you have a after market chip hard wired into your ECM it's probably one that holds the injectors open slightly longer and in doing so maybe interfering with the ability of the ECM to read and match the codes correctly.

The Inj Adj Values are coded into the ECM, using the consult 3 through work support should bring up the values stored in the ECM which you can change if you replace your injectors, however, on my truck im getting the codes as D000000000000000000000000000A0 which seems to imply somehow the codes off the original injectors got wiped off the ECM memory, ive brought all the wiring back to standard now and still the same issue.
What im trying to figure out now is the process involved in coding the injector values onto the ecm i.e which pin on the ecm harness transfers this data - pin 87 -CAN communication line? or 89 - data link connector, im pretty sure the ecm is not fried coz iv gotten no codes and the consult 3 brings up no error messages, or does the ECM communicate directly with the injectors through their respective pins? I have checked all the voltages on all the pins and did find some issues with fuel pump voltage being too low, maybe a faulty pump- but would this really impact injector coding

The ECM signals the EDU, which in turn signals both
sides (+ve and -ve) of the injector.

What's the EDU I guess your asking?
The Electronic Drive Unit (EDU) which is a high voltage
DC to DC generating device is contained inside the
ECM.
This is due to a need to activate the injector solenoids
rapidly, hence the need for high electrical current. This
current is too much for a conventional ECM to handle.
The EDU is able to transform the battery voltage into a
high voltage in a similar manner to that of a gasoline
engine's ignition coil.

The ECM pulses (Outputs) The injector with extremely high voltage (80 ~ 120V)

Something of no use to you but interesting all the same is that Thailand build engines injectors are different to Spain build engine injectors just like euro 3 injectors will not work in a euro 4 engine and vice versa.

I can't find anything relating to the communication other than the above but to my way of thinking the ECM is only sending open and closing pulses to the injectors. The codes that are stored in the ECM are so it knows which and how long each pulse goes where. Thus the ECM doesn't communicate with or even see the injectors as such, so your problem has to lie in the ECM itself.
Maybe you need to get the ECM reflashed by a steeler.

Last edited:
Ok so today i tried something new..... i used the consult 3 to clear all the injector values, then i inputed all the inj adj values (not following the instructions in the service manual) i entered the codes without the "D" found on all the injectors, now, on consult you're are supposed to enter one cyl at a time, in my case i entered all the codes for all the cylinders without the "D" and pressed start, the cursor just blinked, then i hit start again and it showed "command complete"..... i started up the truck and the error code P1622 is gone, started the truck on n off several times, revved it up, still no P1622 code, when i go back to the consult to read the codes stored in ECM it still shows D000000000000000000 etc, but the code is gone, unfortunately i cant drive the truck unless i hard wire the chip back in, as im running a larger turbo and injectors and the stock fueling wont work for me.

Im now gonna try to reset the ecu using the battery method ( disconnect all accessories, disconnect +ve and-ve terminals on batt (check voltage with multimeter should be round 12V), turn ign on - hear a click (multimeter should show around 1V or less), touch -ve and +ve terminals off batt cables, reconnect batt and start vehicle...this resets the firmware in the ECU to factory settings)

Last edited:
The test conditions are, In PARK, HANDBRAKE ON, IGN ON, ENGINE OFF(not running). If the codes are D00000000 they have been erased and NEED inputting. Triple check the numbers especially 0's and D's and then try inputting each injector code one at a time to see which one is causing issues.. It is an entirely electronic process for the ECM to match the codes against a list of possibles it stores internally. If the wrong P/N injectors have been fitted the code will not be listed on the list of possibles.

Back