Converting a Nav tub to a trailer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go guys.

81821557.jpg

This D40 tub trailer is for sale in NZ. Shame the draw bar is so ugly.

I bought a black over silver tub to make a trailer for mine but never got around to doing it so now the tub is just sitting there as a spare in case i ever get rear ended or do something stupid out 4wding.

Just a update..
Its not going to be ready for mudbulls and music as i've been too busy on the coiled hilux, but it happens.. i have now sorted some tyres 245/75x16 cooper stt from outerlimits for $50.. yet to meet the dude and grab them, i have the paint ready to go for the tub once i get back from mbm and i have also machined the hubs down on the lathe so the discs will fit over them.

cheers mark.

Ok now that mbm is over, im going to the gold coast tomorrow to pick up the tyres, the trailer is back in the shed ready to be final smoothed and painted, i have ordered the treg/ brake hitch and also ordered the cable and handbrake lever. i also found a plastic water tank (looks to be around 80 to 100lt under the old caravan down the back.. so this week and next week its full steam ahead on the camper trailer. Pics to come..

cheers mark.

this is one I'm toying with at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I saw that too Dave. I thought it was excellent. I'd consider this idea if I had
1) room
2)time
3)not so many other silly ideas and projects on the go :big_smile:
all in good time I say

Exactly my thoughts. Two D40 tubs chopped just past the peak of the wheelarch then butted together would make a pretty good 7 x 4 with higher sides than a standard box trailer.
Problem is the wife would prefer her house built first. See you in about 2 years.

Latest posts

Back