cool canopy mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentd22

Reaction score
I had a little toy around with my canopy on the weekend and install some courtesy switches on my lift up doors rigged up to some led strip lights. Just and idea to throw out for the felliw navers as I love it! And it cost about 3 bucks for two switches off ebay + the cost of led strips and wiring etc cost about 25-30 bucks. So worth it!

Attachments

• 20130925_192609.jpg
    20130925_192609.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 352
  • 20130925_192602.jpg
    20130925_192602.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 363
I have been pondering this for a while. I finished the interior light switch mod last week and reckon I need the same in the canopy.

I see the switch in the photo but where is it mounted? Tailgate or side window application?

I have an ironman canopy on mmy D22.. it was a pathetic internal light. and you had to climb into the tray to switch it on. so I ran a LED strip and just put a switch right on the side of the tub.

LED is awesome!

Im keen to do this to mine do you have a link on where to buy switches and led strips? Also where did you pull +12v power from in the rear cheers

Im keen to do this to mine do you have a link on where to buy switches and led strips? Also where did you pull +12v power from in the rear cheers

See the other thread in d22 interior light switches, they should do the trick. I am looking at stealing the power from the existing pathetic light fitted to the canopy already, feeds up from behind the taillight on the drivers side.

Where to source the LED? I haven't figured that bit out yet - eBay I suppose

I just got the switches off ebay. And the led I bought from the shop as a 5m roll which van be cut and re wired at any point. I have about 3m left over so I might go mad and led everything! Lol and the 12 volt I took from the existing 12v I had hooked up the the canopy light that was terrible but already in (from battery.) The switches are mounted in the door frame of the canopy. I justd cut a section of the seal out and put it in there.

I was going to do this also and use it to trigger the alarm as well if any of the windows are opened. I don't always remember to lock them. Jaycar have some pretty good strip lights if your looking for another alternative.

Cheers.

Nice mod mate,

What are the switches you bought off eBay ???
What are they called and where did you mount them too trigger!??
Your feedback would be great
Mod looks hot
Cheers G

m.ebay.com.au/itm/300968229198?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1
Them switches cheap as but do the job! And they are just mounted inside the lift up door frame where the seal is (I cut a bit of seal out for them

Very nice. I was wondering how to go about making an automatic light setup in the canopy. I think I might just pinch your idea for the switches

Grouse I just picked up a small LED and a similar switch for my hard top. Cant wait to get it done now, this looks sweet.

Latest posts

Back