coolant leak 06Nav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barna

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a coolant leak on my 06 nav and for the life of me I cant see where it is coming from. There are no leaks in any hoses or the inlet and outlet in to the engine. I am assuming it is the water pump but I go for a good run and get it hot and then lay underneath it in the shed for half an hour and it just wont leak. Ever couple of trips it seems to do it. Any one had this sort of scenario?

Best bet would be to get hold of a pressure tester and test it while the engine is cold, i had a little hose that would drip only after the car had sat for a while and cooled right down.

Yeah mate I will do that cheers. I think it might be coming from where the block meets the casting that holds all the timing gears and chain ect. Might be a job for some stop leak.

I think someone else on here had a similar problem a while ago, its a big job to get to that little o-ring in there, Stop leak might be the go haha!

Hate to tell you but I had a similar problem with my D40. Less than 20000k on new Nissan supplied long motor and head gasket gone. Only took me 12 months of complaining to local Nissan dealer for them to find the gasket problem. Next Thursday it will be 6 weeks since I put it in for service and defect of coolant leak and heater not working. Nissan have finally agreed to cover with warranty and should get it back early next week. Hope this is not your situation.

Everything expands when warmed up so the leak might only occur once it cools back down.

Latest posts

Back