correct oil 05 3ltr

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveandbron

Reaction score
Hi Everyone , new member "dave" here. bought ourselves a 05 3 ltr c/chassis about 4 mths ago & decided to do the oil & filter change myself today but am unsure about the oil I bought. The shop sold me Penrite semi synthetic 5w-40 which states cannot be used if I have a DPF how can I check if my ute has one. also none of the oil codes in the service book are the same as on the oil container so I'm thinking that I should take it back & exchange it. the last thing I want to do is put the wrong oil in it. Also, the oil filter housing has quite a large red "O" ring near the base of the thread & the filter I bought came with a smaller ( thickness) black "O" ring. Is there supposed to be 2, I can't see how it would seal if I replaced the large with the small. Appreciate any advice given.cheers Dave

Hey Dave I've been using penrite HPR diesel 5w-40 for a couple of years with no problems.

It's quite expensive compared to some of the other oils but I think its worth it.

I change my oil every 10th ks.

As for the O ring its a orange one that comes with the filter.

fj

G'day Dave- to clarify your last question there is only one rubber O ring required on the filter cartridge.

Good luck with the service.

Good morning & thanks for your feedback. I'll use the Penrite this morning. as for the "O" ring the black one was in a opened box that the previous owner gave me so may have been from something else & just got put in the box, cheers Dave

Latest posts

Back