Cozas D40 build.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CozaB

Reaction score
G'day everyone. Well I thought I'd start my build up thread. Recently bought a 09 stx king cab. And I've already got the long list of modifications worked out for it. Having previously owned a 4" lifted patrol ute on 35's. This is certainly a step down in height and clearance but definetly a step up in power and comfort. Anyway, heres the list, hoping to have most if not all done before easter, as a trip to Fraser sounds like it might be on the cards.

Ill update this list as new things are thought of and currently listed items are finished.

So it's getting:
- 2" body lift Qld trans approved. DONE
- Brown and Davis front bash guard. DONE
- 2" susp lift, King remote res front coilovers and 2.5 remote res rear shocks, with tough dog 2" leafs, and firestone airbags.
- Custom tube rear step with possible swingaway carrier, and maybe towbar intergrated depending on enginnering.
- XROX rock sliders and front tube bar.
- KMC XD Addicts 17x9 rims from Wheel Boyz in Brisbane, coming from the states, 3 week wait. ORDERED.
- 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar tyres
- 285/70R17 Mtz's or Nitto mud grapplers.. once the wranglers run out
- mako or warn 9500lbs winch with synthetic rope.
- total chaos upper control arms
- long range steel fuel tank
- bushwacker flares from the states
- front and rear braided brake lines
- billet grille
- stereo replaced with something that has alot more thump, only speakers, head unit and amp though. I want maximum thump without subs.
-

I'm sure there's going to be a lot more but that's a start.

- Coza

Last edited:
Well the 2" body lift and the front bash plate should be in by Wednesday. Then the suspension will be next on the list.

I'll take some before and after shots on Wednesday.

- Coza

good stuff cozza. welcome to the madness. ill be keeping an eye on this build. bodylift is on my list of things to do aswell

To get it approved in Qld you fill out a modification form. Post it off to qld transport and they will send you your approval letter back. I got my letter back last Friday, so I'll be putting it in this Friday and it's booked in to get signed off on Tuesday.

I should have some photos this Friday or Saturday. With the body lift in and new wheels/Tyres on.

End up getting dynamic d shape wheels in 17x8. And picked up some 265/70R17 Kevlar wranglers in near new condition for a good price. Once they wear out I'm upgrading to 285/70R17 claws or mtz's.

I'm also on the hunt for a tuff bullbar. 4 or 5 post if any ones seen one or knows of one being sold. With rails and steps as well would be good.

And come this Tuesday, after the body lift inspection, my Tyres and rims will be up for sale. 16x7 allied phantom (skull rims) with 245/75R16 mudder buckshot with 8000kms on the them.

Once the rims and Tyres sell they will either help fund the bar and rails/steps or the new suspension.

- Coza

Hey mate,
I have a king cab also, going to strip it back to stock so I can trade in for V6 diesel, I have ARB Sahara bar & Tough dog lift if you are interested? I'd be after a part ex on your standard gear.

Rich

Hey mate,
I have a king cab also, going to strip it back to stock so I can trade in for V6 diesel, I have ARB Sahara bar & Tough dog lift if you are interested? I'd be after a part ex on your standard gear.

Rich

Hey there!

Still waiting for the V6? I had an intercooler done and custom boost pipes on the 2.5, it rips now. AWESOME!!!
Anyhow, if you are restoring yours to original condition I have brand new ST-X rims with tyres. They were on for a week from new.
Let me know what else you need, I may be able to get some more stuff.

Hey mate, yeah i've been looking for some standard rims & tyres, what $$ you asking? I'm gonna be a tight arse I'm afraid though as I want to spend as little as I can on it. How's yr truck with sahara bar?I recon they look great on D40

To get it approved in Qld you fill out a modification form. Post it off to qld transport and they will send you your approval letter back. I got my letter back last Friday, so I'll be putting it in this Friday and it's booked in to get signed off on Tuesday.
and steps as well would be good.

- Coza

Did you have to get someone to install the body lift to get it approved or can you do it yourself?

I'll be doing it tomorrow myself.

How much were you chasing for your sahara bar? Pm me if ya want.

Pic of ute with 2" body lift. And the 245/75R16 Maxxis Buckshots with allied wheels that I'm selling.

Attachments

• image-1403298572.jpg
    image-1403298572.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 255
Justdrinkbeer, where are you located? I'm interested but I probably wouldn't have money for at least 3-4 weeks. So I'll probably just have to see if you still have it in a few weeks.

Hey mate, yeah i've been looking for some standard rims & tyres, what $$ you asking? I'm gonna be a tight arse I'm afraid though as I want to spend as little as I can on it. How's yr truck with sahara bar?I recon they look great on D40

I understand. I really don't know what they are worth (don't care is more like it), so no reasonable offer refused;).
I'll post some pictures. I'm off to Stockton tomorrow so will have some nice fresh pictures.

in all honesty I probably won't get the bar off for a few weeks anyway.
I'll put it up on here for sale when I do & send you a PM if you like

Also, ordered my new wheels on Thursday. Should be here Monday or Tuesday. 17x8.5 procomp alloys.

Attachments

• image-95232068.jpg
    image-95232068.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 102
Wheels look cool, didn't know they made them for D40. What Tyres you going to put on them?
Slate is a dark grey gunmetal colour, darker than yours, have a look in my garage

Latest posts

Back