Cozas D40 build.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got some 265/75 kevlar wranglers at home I got second hand pretty cheap, near new condition. When they run out it's getting 285/75 Micky t claws or mtz.

Also, goes in today to get body lift approved, I'll let you guys know how I go.

Wheels and Tyres go on this Monday coming. Next on the list will be 2.5" suspension. Then front and rear bar. Should have some piranha cat hid lights for it this Monday as well. Going on the rollbar.

- Coza

To get it approved in Qld you fill out a modification form. Post it off to qld transport and they will send you your approval letter back. I got my letter back last Friday, so I'll be putting it in this Friday and it's booked in to get signed off on Tuesday.

I should have some photos this Friday or Saturday. With the body lift in and new wheels/Tyres on.

End up getting dynamic d shape wheels in 17x8. And picked up some 265/70R17 Kevlar wranglers in near new condition for a good price. Once they wear out I'm upgrading to 285/70R17 claws or mtz's.

I'm also on the hunt for a tuff bullbar. 4 or 5 post if any ones seen one or knows of one being sold. With rails and steps as well would be good.

And come this Tuesday, after the body lift inspection, my Tyres and rims will be up for sale. 16x7 allied phantom (skull rims) with 245/75R16 mudder buckshot with 8000kms on the them.

Once the rims and Tyres sell they will either help fund the bar and rails/steps or the new suspension.

- Coza

Coza Ill try post a pic of the 5 poster setup with steps I have seen a lot of them in NSW there pretty dirty lookin but might be your thing.
the brand is TUFF bullbars australia.

index.php

I hope that image worked if not look up tuff bullbars in google.
am I allowed to write brand names?!?!?!?! if not OOPS

Yeh cheers madd40, yeh tuff and boomer bars make em. I'm into bns and rodeos so I see 5 posters quite a bit. But it looks like I'm going with a sahara style bar, better resale value if I sell it in a few years.

Meant to say, bodylift is all signed off and ok.

- Coza

Last edited:
Well, rang up today to find out where my wheels were and....they arnt being made anymore.. ARGH!!! So anyway, after a morning of more wheel searching and debating ive settled on a set of XD Addicts through Wheel Boyz in 17x9. Should be here in 2-3 weeks as they are coming from the states.

Nice wheel i just didnt really want 9'' wide but eh, what can you do. SO now next on the list to chose from. Do i do 3'' exhaust to help with the new larger tyres? Suspension for a better ride or the bullbar to protect it from Roos? Decisions decisions.

Pic of wheels below.

Attachments

• xd addict.jpg
    xd addict.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 107
Well, rang up today to find out where my wheels were and....they arnt being made anymore.. ARGH!!! So anyway, after a morning of more wheel searching and debating ive settled on a set of XD Addicts through Wheel Boyz in 17x9. Should be here in 2-3 weeks as they are coming from the states.

Nice wheel i just didnt really want 9'' wide but eh, what can you do. SO now next on the list to chose from. Do i do 3'' exhaust to help with the new larger tyres? Suspension for a better ride or the bullbar to protect it from Roos? Decisions decisions.

Pic of wheels below.

whos suppling you KC wheels?
I cant find anyone with ability to get these rigs some decent steel caps!!!

WheelBoyz in Qld, Great service, google them. They do heaps of American Brands.

Also, getting a set of Bushwacker flares front and rear from the states.

- Coza

Attachments

• Bushwacker_PocketFlare_Frontier09.jpg
    Bushwacker_PocketFlare_Frontier09.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 172
Cheers ill have to have a look the black sunraysias are out when I finally get to fitting the 35s.
Curious to see those flares fit our bumper bar styles seen the yanks have a D22 type bar there.

Well lots of debating over the last couple of days has got me starting to wonder whether its worth spending 2 grand on the front suspension or putting that 2 grand towards a solid diff and coilovers, i have the gear to do the conversion, i have my bestmate who has the know how, experience and welding ability to do it, its just come down to whether i take the jump or not??

Also, if you guys havent noticed there is a list on the very first post on this build thread that i will be editing every time i ad something to the list of modifications or finish something on the list.

Does anyone know if there is anyone who has put or is putting a solid axle with coil overs under the front of a D40. I know bud customs was looking at doing up one, i just havent been able to find out what the latest was.

- Coza

there is a thread on the frontier forum as I was looking too do the same conversion.
he gave up after issues with steering i think. I put it in the too hard basket as well.
looked tuff but whatever you think its gonna cost..... double it then double that amount.

It would be cheaper to do a normal lift then buy a second 4x4 for hardcore offroad duties because the navara will never be great offroad without big $$$ spent.

Hey Coza!

Nice rims. Had a look at the pic. I got mine from Wheelboys, Addicts but in black. They look awesome on the truck!
For solid axle conversion.. I was thinking about it for a while. The price I got was $10-12k. The guys just finished a new Hilux, and will be doing a Navara soon. I couldn't justify spending that much. I have to agree that it's not a hard core offroader to change to solid from at that cost. It'll probably be cheaper to buy a Patrol and convert to a twin cab ute.

Igor

PM monster rides on this forum, matty will be keeen to speak with you, he's keen to do SAS on a D40, he's a mate of mine and has been in my ear for a while. I'll consider it when I get the new V6Diesel (sept :) ), it will come down to how much balls I have with warranty etc.

If you can do it, and have the balls, just do it

UPDATE:

Sticking with the theme of trying to make it look some what like a real offroader, so im ordering XROX sliders and front bar both to suit the two inch body lift, both should be on in two to three weeks.

In regards to suspension, ive ordered a ironman suspension kit, and ive started a savings account for the front end conversion to solid axle and coilovers.

Pics soon

- Coza

Update again,

Wheels are still 2-3 weeks away, 6 weeks total the way things are going, oh well, to be expected coming from the states i guess, ironman susp was also delayed til the 23rd this month, not that im overly excited to see that. According to my calculations, my savings should reach 10-12 grand by december if not january. Then i should have enough to get a solid axle conversion, though i have been looking into just buying the diy kit, as i have the gear to do it myself.

I'll though up some before and after pics, as it is now, then
- with new suspension
- with new rims/tyres
- with xrox bar and sliders
- also getting a custom rear tube bar bent up, maybe even a custom swing away tube tail gate aswell for the tyre and jerry can holder.

And trying to sort something out for flares.

- Coza

UPDATE: Well after 3 months and no wheels, no phone calls, nothing. I called up Wheelboyz to find out my wheels wont be coming as they have gone into recievership. SO after more searching i have found some other wheels, in 17x8.5 in a +15 offset to throw my wranglers on. Picture is below, should have them next friday. With a bit of luck. Also, got the ironman 2.5" front and 2" rear suspension on. Pics below.

- Coza

Attachments

• DSC_0153.jpg
    DSC_0153.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 207
  • Hostage-Black-500.jpg
    Hostage-Black-500.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 118
UPDATE:

So, the countdown is on, heading up the Cape in the first and 2nd weeks of August, so im running out of time to make sure everything is done. Rims in post above were "delayed" as they put it for another 2-3 weeks, so i told em to cancel them until i get back as i need them here before the cape trip to put tyres on, so now im trying to sell the bloody wranglers i bought and buy some tyres to go on the 16's. XROX bar is on and suit the 2" body lift, uhf and hid spotlights are also on. Xrox sliders were put on and realised that they must have sent non-bodylift versions, as they sat about 2.5" below the body, and looked stupid, so im sending them back and hoping that i get the right ones before the cape trip. Its going in for the 30,00km service in 2 weeks, and ill have nissan put the genuine snorkel on.

Thats the latest, ill upload a pic shortly of how it currently looks.

- Coz

Latest posts

Back