CRAIG's D22 Hunting rig/tourer/4x4

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig09

Reaction score
so i thought id finally start a build thread as the navs in the shop and i cant spend all my time working on her.
anyway my plans are for it is to be a good alrounder,Hunting rig,Tourer and 4x4.
first picture is when i first bought her,was a bit half assed when i got it. mods already completed were:
chip (still dont know what brand as i cant find it)
2" lift
custom steel tray
bull bar
brush bars
dog box
rear stainless water tank (sits under the tray near the lights)
plain tool boxes
warn winch.

TBC

from there ive done a bit:
repainted the steel tray black
new checkerplate tool boxes
xceedy HD 4x4 clutch
80 series airbox mod
set up dual battery but now im changing that to sit in my tray
2x 9" HIDs and 2x 11" HIDs
swapped the winch to a 12000 ridge ryder
7" DVD player in the cab
new Tough dog 300kg constant leaf springs
Calmini upper control arms
EGR mod
Zordo 2" Body Lift
32" Bighorns with 15x8 -13 offset
intercooler
also have done alot of maintnence work like bushings,bearings,brake systems and front steering system

Thing to come are:
3" exhaust
catch can-ordered
draw system-materials bought
new dual battery with solar panel-materials bought
and much much more

first pic is when i got her
second is the tray before i painted it (cant paint for shit lol)
third is without the tray on and the new boots :)
random pic
five & six are before body lift
seven after body lift
and last is the current dual battery setup that is going to change

Attachments

• IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_1040.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_1053.jpg
    IMG_1053.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_1054.jpg
    IMG_1054.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
pics

Attachments

• IMG_1172.jpg
    IMG_1172.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_1180.jpg
    IMG_1180.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_1282.jpg
    IMG_1282.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_1279.jpg
    IMG_1279.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 385
Its looking good, let us know how the dual battery set up works out.

Did the 12000 ridge ryder winch fit the bumper no problem? Im looking for a winch but haven't yet decided which to go for.

cheers,will do.
yep fits no worries and i love it,have really given it a run for its money and it hasnt skipped a beat

nice craig looks the goods mate should go for a drive oneday... im heading out to check out the dalbeg track tomorow

cheers mate.i get my ute back on friday fingers crossed, will let you know and t up a drive.
who are you heading out with tommorow?

by myself, i know its bad but dunno anyone who would come... i like the look of the 15's with the deeper dish rims, i thought they didnt fit over the d22 brakes

im guessing your already gone haha,could of come with you in case you get stuck.how far away is dalbeg?
yea i like them better and i like the various tyres i can fit on them,i had a set on my paj but the offset was wrong so they didnt fit but i got -13 offset and they fit great

so while ive been waiting for the new engine to be put in (takeing for EVER!!!!) ive been thinking i need some mods to protect the engine!
so through the week i bought:
racetech Boost and EGT gauge
micro intercooler with reverse polarity 7" thermo fan to be mounted as top mount with maybe a bonnet scoop down track
D1 spec 1ltr catch can
also got a ctek dual charger and a 120w solar panel to keep the dual batter topped up when in 1 location for a few day.
when i get her back ill be starting the draw sytem and dual battery that will be on the tray.
after that i will knock together a spare wheel/highlift jack and jerry carrier on the rear.
will also be makeing a roof rack to hold a rooftop tent as the missus isnt a fan of the swag on the hot nights,so the rack will be detachable and i will only take my swag when i go hunting.
want this all done by the time it comes to end off november when im driveing back to NSW south coast.

got my intercooler in and my boost and egt gauges.just have to knock up a bracket to hold the intercooler as flat as i can and put the thermo fan on it.dont know if its worth doing bonnet scoop but i will problly do it down track.going to get onto the catch can soon aswell.
as you can see there is room for a 12"battery.so with a body lift you can have a top mount cooler,dual battery and 80 series airbox if you want it.

Attachments

• IMG_1391[1].jpg
    IMG_1391[1].jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1392[1].jpg
    IMG_1392[1].jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 184
Nice to see some room under there, fuel filter on the other side of engine bay is it? I have piranha duel battery tray and a cross country i/c in my nav and its crammed under the hood

yea fuel filter is on the other side,room can be made under there but its like playing tetris haha. I looked at the piranha tray but the size of battery it can fit and the price steered me away.how does the cross country go?i got this mainly to protect the engine but i may upgrade down track once my buisness is up and running.

im going hunting in a few hours so i will see how this one goes,give her a bit off boot out the back of town.

Latest posts

Back