Ctek 250 Dual

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianmonster7

Reaction score
Hi Guys new to the forum just have a qestion in regards to a dual battery system for my D22 2010 model. I have the std twin baterrries under the hood I want to put a third battery in my tub is it as simple as fitting one of these units to the main battery and the one in the tub. Will this detech the 2 batteries under the hood individually or 2 as 1. I hope this makes sense

Cheers Brian

Thats right
from factory the 2 batteries under your hood are linked as one
just fit your dcdc charger between the battery under hood (doesnt matter which one)and the one you are putting in tray

Last edited:
As above.

The C-Tek D250S is a good choice, because you can add a solar panel later (connect negative to black, and positive from the panel to the "Solar" input) and without having to touch a thing, the unit will automatically switch to the solar panel if the juice from there is better.

IMPORTANT
Right at the start of the cable heading to the tub - a few cm off the main battery - install a fuse of about 40A (and keep a couple of spares). This is not to protect the C-Tek unit - if the cable snags against a stick and exposes the conductor, which shorts against the chassis, you'll have a fire UNDER the car which you might not notice before it does some serious damage.

Also, don't use thin cables running to the tub, you really want some heavy duty stuff - I've got some 4Ga (21sqmm) for mine - this avoids voltage drop.

Back