CTEK D250S in engine bay

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodySTR

Reaction score
Hey just wondering if anyone has mounted the D250S in the engine bay? Pics would be great. Just looking to split the dual batteries and these seem to be better value than just an isolator

I would not advise having it in the engine bay due to high temps, and if you do make sure the temp sensor is in a good spot

Volt 12V
Charging voltage 14.4V at 25°C, temperature compensated
Charging current 20A
Back current drain <1Ah/month
Ripple <4%
Ambient temperature -20°C to +50°C, output power is reduced automatically at high temperatures
Charger type 5-step fully automatic charging
Battery types All types of 12V lead-acid batteries (WET, MF, Ca/Ca, AGM and GEL)
Battery capacity 40–300Ah
Dimensions 192 x 110 x 65mm (L x W x H)
Insulation class IP65
Weight 0.73kg

Didn't even think about that, probably a good chance it getting that hot in the engine bay in summer.

glennm have you have any temperature related issues?

You could possibly look at mounting it in the cab on the inside of the firewall, inside the passenger's side footwell area. Shouldn't get too hot in there and then just run your battery input and output wires through the big wiring bung on that side that goes into the engine bay...

Howdy, I have 1 on the camper and another in a sealed battery box under the tray! Check but I'm sure they don't like to go swimming;) Red Arc are the only water proof ones "I think"- these ones are just "water resistant" ! Check but I'm sure I read it some where "after I purchased them both" dohh.. Got 2 for $500 from memory ..
I have a redarc duel bat set up under the hood so when the start battery is up to charge it throws over to the ctek in the battery box that charges a 120ah AGM at the correct charge rate. The beauty is I can wire up a socket for the solar connection to the ctek on the side of the tray.. cool huh cheers Vic

Thanks for all the input everyone. John I actually thought the CTEK was meant to be mounted as close as possible to the charging source not the AUX battery.
I might just end up going with a basic isolator :p

Thanks for all the input everyone. John I actually thought the CTEK was meant to be mounted as close as possible to the charging source not the AUX battery.
I might just end up going with a basic isolator :p

Isolator!-it depends on what type your second battery is? if it's AGM or alike the charge coming from the car alternator is not enough to "correctly" charge these type of batteries.. just say'n....

I found out the hard way- charging off the 12v alternator shortens the battery life .. Rattle 'ol Tony's box -he loves he's electronics and will fill you in on all you need to know.. I'm like you- learning as I go, expensive but educational;) cheers vic

Oh and I think it's -closer to the Aux battery is best... All the paper work for them is in storage and packed away now-sorry fella but I think that's right...

Isolators don't really matter where they are mounted because they give the same voltage on both sides of it. The dc-dc chargers though, closest to the battery being charged the better. Because they boost voltage, if you have it mounted in the tub then as long as it is getting voltage above its minimum input voltage it will boost it back up to charge the battery. If you're using it in the engine bay the same rule applies, it is just the heat factor obviously...

Latest posts

Back