???? cv popped out not sure #@!#!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brendog

Reaction score
Hi ive looked on here but cant find anything I have a 05 d22 and it seems as if the cvs have popped out. There is no noise when in 4wd but when I go up a hill the front end starts bouncing and it feels like the wheel is stopping and starting and when in4wd going like 20 -40 km the front wheels look all over the place. I have a 3 inch lift and 33 not sure could be transfer chain ???? Thanks

If your CV's where broken or "out" you would know about it. it would be clunking and cracking like no-ones business.

Thanks equipt I no what you saying any idea what it is all I no is there is no noises mmmm not sure can any one shead some light

When you say the front wheels are bouncing and are all over the place do you mean that they are coming off the ground? If so it could be due to having a 3" lift, without knowing your setup, allot of people will get a 3" lift by winding the front torsion bars all the way up, this will give plenty of lift but unfortunately no drop in the suspension causing them to lift off the ground often and without a locking differential as soon as 1 of them comes off the ground it becomes the path of least resistance and will start spinning, as soon as it hits the ground again it will stop if it has more traction than the other wheel.

Thanks again equipt I no what your saying I have about 20mm on the bump stops with snake racing control arms. The wheel isint lifting it stays on the ground but just locks in and out it might only be one side. But then when its in 4wd doing 30kms the wheels wobble and look like they are going to fall off could it be the hubs ???? Thanks for your help

If it was the hubs it would do it all the time, there isn't anything that I can think of that would cause it to only make the wheels wobble in 4wd except maybe bent front axles.

Can you get a video of it doing it? That might actually help in working out what is going on...

Latest posts

Back