D 40 st

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Just new to the forum & today I just picked up a D40 2.5 ST dual cab, 2008 model. I am finding it hard to find out info about the ST redbook don't list it & a search on carsales failed to find a ST 2008....I would like to compare my vehicle I bought it from an auction place so the jack & handle are missing (anyone got one for sale in Victoria?) I do not know if it is central locking as the only key starts the car but won't lock any doors!! Nissan service man told me that my drivers side door should not have a lock for a key to go into as it is only the passenger door that has a lock....!!!! I also have to find a spare wheel too!! The vehicle comes with,power windows,carpet, CD/Radio,dual airbags, NO cruise control....sometimes the red engine light comes on....I have checked the oil & there are no funny sounds coming from the motor there are a few "electrical issues" like radio has no power and indicators not operating properly. Does anyone own an ST? Can you offer advice & what is the best site to download a owners hand book. Any info on the ST would be great thanks Rob

Gday Rob and welcome to the forum.
For the jack, jack handle and spare wheel ect try Nissan 4x4 wreckers in vic they will have everything you need, just google them for there phone number. actually i had it in my phone
03 9399 9771.

If the engine light is coming on i would take it to a dealer to get them to plug it into the computer and see what "consult" says. it may be something very simple or it could be nasty so best to check it out.

Have you tried putting a new battery in your key?? that may fix the central locking.
as far as im aware your ST is a THAI built and with all Thai models i thought they did have a key in the drivers door, its the other way around if its and STX of that year which were made in Spain.
keep looking through the forum, try the search function and just have a general read through the actual D40 section and you will find out heaps of other things about your Navara.

Good luck

Gday Rob and welcome to the forum.
For the jack, jack handle and spare wheel ect try Nissan 4x4 wreckers in vic they will have everything you need, just google them for there phone number. actually i had it in my phone
03 9399 9771.

If the engine light is coming on i would take it to a dealer to get them to plug it into the computer and see what "consult" says. it may be something very simple or it could be nasty so best to check it out.

Have you tried putting a new battery in your key?? that may fix the central locking.
as far as im aware your ST is a THAI built and with all Thai models i thought they did have a key in the drivers door, its the other way around if its and STX of that year which were made in Spain.
keep looking through the forum, try the search function and just have a general read through the actual D40 section and you will find out heaps of other things about your Navara.

Good luck

Thanks so much. Rob

Honestly what kind of knucklehead doesn't put a key slot on the drivers side door... see you wouldn't have that problem in a D22.

Latest posts

Back