D 40 Tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woof

Reaction score
G'day,
Looking at new tyres for my D40 STX. original tyres are 255/65R17 Looking at either Cooper A/T3 255/65R17 or Mickey Thompson STZ 265/65R17, cant get the same size in MT as originals. Anyone running either and any comments. Mostly do on road but weekends to remote fishing areas etc.

Cheers.

I've heard some bad things about coopers late, even had one mate sell his stt max for $500 (set of 4) because he hated them.
Have you thought about BFG all terrain? They are really common now and prices are getting quite cheap!
Not to mention a top all rounder tried and tested time again!

Welcome to the forum.

Im about to get a set of the New Mickey Thompson STZ P3's on my new ute, i have heard nothing but great reviews on them.
Having said that my brother in law and cousin both run the new Cooper A/T3's and are also very happy with them.
I have used BF's in the past and as said they are a great tyre, BUT the rubber does go off with age, so if you are not doing HEAPS of km's then they will most like go off and get greasy in the wet well before they actually wear out.

thanks for the replies guys. Will look into it bit more during the week. Favouring the MT's at this stage

Cheers

I have coopers discovery st max 50/50 A/T. Great tyre on road not too noisy ans seem very capable off road but I havnt had a chance to give them a real workout yet

AT3s not too bad. But my god over priced. I just got a set of Maxxies 980s really great tire a little noisey but other wise love them.......

I have both on my rig...

cheers again fellas. i'm running ST Maxxs on my old rodeo but prob a bit aggressive for the mainly road running with the nav. thanks also Tiger. got a mate running bridgestone duellers, anyone keen on them.
Probably still like the mickey t but big $$

woof

cooper and mickey both suck on the tar as nathand said the rubber goes hard and there just dangerous in the wet, I have had mickey t's, cooper st's, and dick cepeck fc 11's and dont rate them on the tar. there more suited to the offroad and dirt.

I have fitted Hankook 265/70 x17 LT's and done 20,000 klm on the outback roads ( Gibb River, Great Central etc) towing 2 t of off road caravan.
Happy with my choice and a reasonable price
Strange that 265/65x17 are technically not legal on a 7"rim but the 267/70 are OK (just)
You will need a 40mm lift kit or the fronts will foul
In outback NT & WA they regarded Coopers as junk and do not live up to their advertising

Thats one thing for I must say about the 980s for an tought A/t they hold bloody well in the wet. Better then the A/T3. On that Note if your in the Canberra area and dont already have your own links. Try Tirepower on QBN top guys the Manger saw my car in a car park last night checked how the tires were wearing. Hows that for customer sevices

I've had the MT's on my car for 18 months, been excellent on the road, sand rough, tracks, average in the mud but for an AT i would recommend them. also have worn very well.

The OEM Goodyear Wranglers lasted about 48,000, and I replaced them with 265/65/17 BFG A/T's. Got rthem in Adelaide at just over 300 bucks a corner. I have had a terrific run out of this brand for many years and a number of 4WD's now - good mileage too.

If anyone needs my spare which is the original unused 255/65/17, I am open to offers but you will have to pick it up from Adelaide.

i couldn't go past bfg all terrain 265/75/16 for 250$ each dropped off at my door. would get them again no worries

I have fitted Hankook 265/70 x17 LT's and done 20,000 klm on the outback roads ( Gibb River, Great Central etc) towing 2 t of off road caravan.
Happy with my choice and a reasonable price
Strange that 265/65x17 are technically not legal on a 7"rim but the 267/70 are OK (just)
You will need a 40mm lift kit or the fronts will foul
In outback NT & WA they regarded Coopers as junk and do not live up to their advertising

Higher sidewall tyres can be fitted to narrower rims as sidewall can adjust(bend) to narrower rim width. Lower profile sidewalls have less capacity to bend to narrower rim.

Latest posts

Back