D22 09 More power?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
OK gurus

Stuck me head under the bonnet today - had to clean all the mud out - and noticed for the first time that there is thermo mounted forward of the aircon and engine rads. Not sure if this is the case on previous models, can someone advise?
Never heard or seen this thermo run and can only imagine that it is there for protection should the engine be shut down at extreme temp and rely on convection to continue cooling. There is only one though ( rhs / drivers side ) and on inspection the mounts are mirrored on the opposite side. So I put some thought in. Nah just kidding I had a few tinnies and started dreaming. What if you took the the hydrostatic fan off the front of the engine, sourced a second Nissan thermo from a wreck and bunged that in? Would the both of them provide enough cooling? Would they need to be re-configured to cut in at a lower temp? ( I guess yes ) Would there be much of a power gain by removing the hydrostatic fan?

You can't get more power removing the mech fan and going full electric, but you may improve throttle response marginally, Best gain is when climbing steep hills in Low range, ie high revs, low speed can result in higher temps, although I wouldn't expect that in a new truck, personally I would leave it standard unless you having over heating probs, far more reliable in the long run.

All of you make sense.
Beer always gives me bright ideas and inspiration that seems to make sense at the time. Glad that it doesn't guide me with tools in hand though.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back