D22 2004 bogaard turbo timer install help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmma221

Reaction score
Hay guys,

Got my new bogaard turbo timer from auto 1 in broome today have a few questions?

1. Where is the best place to ground it (black wire)?
2. The green wire is suposed to connect with the hand break. If not, then according to instructions it has to be ground. Can I just ground it with the black wire.
3. What does it mean to connect the green wire to negative? Does this mean, connect the wire to the negative part of the battery or ground it?

Any help would be appreciated because other wide this is going to cost me about $100 for someone else to install.

green you have 2 options. if you ground it the car will run for the preset time on the timer. if you wire it to the hand brake wire, if someone jumps in and tries to drive off, when they drop the hand brake the timer will shut down the motor. you can either ground them both or just tap the green wire into the hand brake wire and just ground the black.

where is the handbreak wire? and is there a best place to ground the black wire? can u ground them together?
does that mean u always have to start the car with the hand break down because other wise the car will just shut down when u undoo the hand break?

hand brake wire is under the console on the base of the lever. you can ground them together if you want, it's up to you. you can ground the black wire anywhere you can find some metal to ground it to...

and no, the hand brake wire is only there as an emergency shut down. when the key is turned to the "on" position the turbo timer isn't "running" it only comes on when you turn the key off...

some timers only have one ground wire that you can either wire to the hand brake or just ground out

Fitted a Bogaard timer to my D22 today. With the green handbrake wire I found the easiest place to connect it was to the back of the instrument cluster. The wiring harness plug on the left hand side has a Brown/Yellow wire on it, that is the wire that goes back to the handbrake wire. Just splice in to that wire and your off. Other than that fairly easy install.

Latest posts

Back