D22 2011 tubliner help!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aron1991

Reaction score
Hey all im picking up my 2011 d22 st-r this friday, i rang them up today told them to put a tubliner in.. just found out on the net that their are 2 different types of tubliners. one overlip the other underlip, whats the difference would one effect me getting a hard lid later on, and how do they mount the tubliner in, also is their any scratching on paint from surface rubbing thanks.

Hey dude the difference is one covers the top of the tray and the underlip one only goes to level with the top. Neither of them will effect u getting a hard lid. But as for the rubbing I'm pulling mine out and looking into the rhino lining. The plastic of the genuine liner is so slippery nothing stays still and u end up with crap everywhere. And u lose a lil bit of space.

My opinion don't get a plastic liner get a rhino liner. They are spray on and have lifetime warranty I think

Goodluck
Rusty

ah i c thankyou very very much, also how do they mount tubliners in, say if it was a overlip tubliner on the top of the tub how it hangs over do they drill holes into the car and bolt it down? if the tubliner comes out am i left with holes inside the tub also

The tops of the tub are siliconed down. Each corner of the tub has a small white hook and it is held in with these. Like they take the hooks out then drill holes in tubliner to match hole on tray then re insert hooks. My install was crap and I haven't liked it since I got it installed. Depends what u want it for but long-term u will get rubbing and it'll take ur paint off.

ahhh i c damn i wanted to avoid the scratching of paint etc :/ what would you prefer out of a overlip and underlip tubliner ? does it scratch it off everywhere or just a few minor places?

Just mainly the floor from the weight of tools and stuff rolling around. I have the overlip and I would says its best of the 2 for having longer lengths hanging out over the tailgate.

ah i c well mine wont have any tools in it, just camping and touring gear in the back, so im undecided what to go, like i said i rang up nissan today told them to put one in they never told me they have 2 types have to ring back tomorrow hopefully they havnt put 1 in and not the other i think ill go the underlip

I put a genuine Nissan underlip in mine. Drops in and is held with the 4 corner screw in hooks and the series of screws at the front edge of the tray.

Underlip looks neater but overlip protects upper edge if you lift tools etc over the edge.

The slippery surface suits me as i carry demolition material etc and sliding it out at the dump is great. For my application a Rhino lining would be painful.

Regards
Greg

if you have problems with stuff sliding around just get some rubber matting from clark rubber or similar, cut it to suit and throw it in. we have a liner and a tray mat in ours, i know i won't be installing another liner myself in a hurry... the mat stops stuff sliding though.

Mate, I picked up my 2001 D22 last Friday, and also got the overlip only becaue I wanted to protect the tray as much as possible. The surface is slippery but easily fixed with a rubber mat in the back as one of the other guys already mentioned. The genuine one's look pretty good as well.

I also didn't realise about the over and under and they ended up putting the underlip in and it looks OK. The installation was pretty poor though, the double sided tape they used did not stick and I also noticed when I took the tail light assembly out to install the pads for the electronic rustproofing there are no holes in the liner to access the tail light assemby bolts. So if you have to change a globe it makes it hard.Luckily, because it was installed so badly I managed to pull the tubliner back and was able to undo the bolts. When I put the tail lights back in I drilled four 18mm holes in the liner matching the bolt holes so access to the lights easily.Why doesn't a genuine part not have these holes already moulded into the tubliner?
As for the loose fitting liner itself, I lifted it up with bits if timber and siliconed it down. That worked fine but I suggest using black silicone around the edges as it blends better with the liner than the white I used. It took a while to get the excess off with a rag.

Rhino Lining

I picked up my new D22 a couple of weeks ago, and took it straight to a Rhino lining installer for their spray on product.

They did a fantastic job, which looks really neat, and no risk of dirt and water causing rust in the future.

Cost was $700, but well worth it.

:cheers!:

If you are going to use a hard lid on the ute you need to have an underlip liner as the overlip will stop the lid from seating properly

Latest posts

Back