D22 3.0 diesel cold engine problem (p5)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nazar

Reaction score
Hi everybody
I have navara d22 3.0td and there is some problem with engine when is cold
The engine warning light start lighting (limp mode) after the ignition is on, when i let the car run a bit to get the temperatuer, then turn off the car and reset the computer start the car again then the car runns well with no problem and ther is no engine light but next day on cold engine light comes up again and goes to limp mode (no power above 2500rpm)
The engine Warning light comes up with numbers of flashing (73 75)when i diagonse my self by bridging The terminals of diagnosis connectors
I did go to my mechanic to fix this problem
When he connect his device to read the fault form the OBD it comes as (P5 - fuel pump module ) he try to call nissan but rather they dont know this problem or dont want to say
Does any one know what 73 75 code means , maybe someone have the same problem
Please help

Thanks
Paul

Ps
Sorry about my poor writing

Prime the fuel filter before you start it.

Primer's are known for getting dodgy and letting air in the fuel lines.

Thanks mate ill try to do this but tomorrow i book in the nissans service to check on they computer
We will see what they can do about it

So after going to nissan service and paying $60 im in the same spot
Error P5- fuel pump module ( nissan want to exchange the pump without beeing sure )
But a relized something today even if the engine is hot if ill go above 4500rpm it drop and the engine light start lighting again but after switching off the car and start again ist all back to normal

I did try to prime fuel filter but i can get just one pump until is hard ( is that ok? )

If Any one have idea what to do on what can cause the problem please help

Thanks
Paul

for a p5 i would suspect the ecu board in the pump. they are known to die. apparently one chip is really prone to fail. some companies can replace the boards easy enough.

the one thing i would do is to fit a bit of clear fuel line after the pump and while the engine is running have a look for any air bubbles.

Back