D22 4x4 clunk

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeey

Reaction score
I own a Navara d22 08 model. When i put it in 4x4 it makes a loud clunking noise expecially when under load. Im not to sure what this is. It almost sounds like the transfer chain, but im almost positive it cant be as its never made that noise before and has been sitting in the shed for the past 6 weeks cause i broke my foot. I engaged 4x4 the other night and thats when the clunking started. I changed my front diff and transmission case oil and there was no exessive fragments of metal.... Ive also been told by someone who noes alot about navaras that the new navs, the transfer chain is incredibly hard to stretch.

This is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKQx_HvinnA

Not hard at all. As i said the last 4x4 trip i did it never made the noise, then all of a sudden after 6 weeks it started. Mind you i found a stuffed gearbox rubber mount.

I would be going with the stuffed gearbox mount. When i bent my gearbox cross-member the car would groan on take off in low range as the whole motor and gearbox were out of alignment. It only made the groaning noises in low range though.

Back