D22 Air conditioner sapping power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymac90210

Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone else's Navara feel funny sometimes through the rev range roughly up until 1,700 rpm with the air con on? I've done the Egr mod properly blah blah blah it works perfect without the air con on but it's weird when I'm in second gear decelerating from 2500rpm for example and the revs slowly go down to about 1,700 it really feels like there's a massive pull on the engine.. It stops bloody quick! Cheers fellas

Jarryd

Yeah i always noticed the loss of power with the aircon on. Used to turn it off for a hillstart but now just give it a.bit.more revs and its fine. But i know what you mean!

Yeah i always noticed the loss of power with the aircon on. Used to turn it off for a hillstart but now just give it a.bit.more revs and its fine. But i know what you mean!

Yeah I do that if I need to do a hill start or have to get across a road really quickly :p even when cruising on the freeway at like 90 when it kicks in you feel it really pull on the engine haha!

sounds roughly right.
aircon sucks a fair bit of power and when the engine is not making much power its going to make a big difference.
i can use mine as an engine brake while going down hill.

Mine loses power on take off.

Uses abit of power when driving but beats being cooked.

However I rate these Nissan air con's. Mine has never been touched.

About 270,000km's on the clock now.

Mine loses power on take off.

Uses abit of power when driving but beats being cooked.

However I rate these Nissan air con's. Mine has never been touched.

About 270,000km's on the clock now.

Oh of course it does haha but I wasn't sure if mine was abnormal because of the pull it has on the engine when she kicks in, it's definitely a good as air con system it's the coldest one I've been in for a car

yes air con uses heaps of power your clutch fan engages this robs up to 9hp then the ac compressor approx 4hp then the thermo fan drag on the alternator not sure of this i have the 2.5 at 110 the clutch fan is engaged with ac on

Latest posts

Back