D22 Airtec, Genuine Nissan Snorkel Question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmarsc10

Reaction score
Any body fitted a tjm airtec or genuine Nissan snorkel to a 3.2 diesel Navara (or any D22 would be ok too)?
Does installing require removal of the "pre-spinner" unit of the air filter system?
I know that this unit is discarded with a Safari snorkel (found fitting instructions online for safari but not the others).
The "pre-spinner" is circled in green.
moresorting015-2.jpg

cheers.

Last edited:
I did my d22 3l t/d and the only bit that had to be removed from the original setup was the plastic part going from the quarter panel that attaches to the pre-cleaner. the air-tec system supplies the new adaption part.

cheers Andrew, sounds like the pre-spinner is still used with an air-tec.
This worries me because it does not look like the pre-spinner is fully sealed and such could still ingest water during a deep crossing.
I wonder if it would be ok to fit an air-tec and modify the plumbing so it bypass's the pre-spinner same as the safari does? I like the look of the air-tec better i reckon.

any body in Townsville got a 90mm holesaw i could borrow? going to attempt diy snorlkel fitment cost $250 to fit at nissan.

If u buy a snorkel for the 3.0L turbo diesel then the pre-spinner stays in, however you can still fit the 2.5L turbo diesel snorkel to the 3.0L and it gets rid of the pre-spinner.

Apparantly you can get a pipe to go on the 3.0L setup to get rid of the pre-spinner if you already have it installed.

I myself would like to know where you can get the little pipe from?

Latest posts

Back