D22 back seat underneath

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pointblank5

Reaction score
hey just wondering if anyone knows whats under the back seat in a dual cab d22?
it looks like its a void space, could it be hacked into to put a sub/amp in there?

(ps if this is a stupid question sorry, i am away at work and just thought of the idea so cant check myself)

Cheers, James

It's been done before yes, check out stereo installs in the D22 section I'm sure you'll find something even though most D22 drivers seem to mount them behind the seat.

There is no room under the seat.

From memory there is only a wiring harness.

are you sure Dave? cos it looks like the metal seat support thing is not the same shape as the underneath of the car... u know what I mean? not just under the cushion, but under the metal seat support "box"

and cheers Krafty, i had a quick look but couldnt find it, only mentions of behind the seat not under.

James

Its been a while since I had my back seat out.

Will have to pull it out soon and put the back seat cover back on.

I am only going off memory, was over a year ago I had the back seat out.

Its to hot now to do it.

cool no probs Dave, I'm pretty sure the fuel tank goes up into this void on the drivers side, but i am thinking that the passenger side floor runs flat all the way to the back? so there might be some space on that side...

James

Ah you talking under the actual floor of the body ?

In that case there is heaps of room under the body.

kinda, I was under the impression that the thing the seat cushion sits on was welded to the floor? so between the floor and that thing. You would have to cut metal to get inside it im pretty sure

Sounds like a good idea, not too sure of the legalities of it though. A mate of mine had alopt of trouble getting a road worthy on his commodore after he enlarged his speaker holes in the parcel shelf. There was already holes there, all he did was make them a bit (15mm) bigger to fit 7X10's.

nah the floor follows the same shape both sides, it comes up for the rear seat. Theres no gap between the seat and the floor and if you cut it out then youll be looking at the ground.

dammit haha
well i spose thats y i never heard of it b4 and everyone persists with crappy little shallow mount subs behind there seats!!

If your keen enough cut out a neat section of the floor pan and weld in some walls and then weld the original section of floor pan to these.From the quick look I just had it doesnt look impossible.Like I said if your keen enough.

yep. the seat sits flat on the chassis of the car. put your head down in the foot cavity and look at the seat. there are 2 hex head bolts that the seat is bolted down by, 1 either end. take them out and you can rip out the back seat and have a look yourself. I normally take my back seat out for big trips, you can fit so much more shit in the back. wouldn't recommend cutting out holes under the seat for subs. have you thought about putting subs under the driver and passenger seats? there's more room there then you'll get from putting them behind the back seat. well i'm thinking in depth of sub, not width. id reckon u'd be able to make up some sort of sub box for each side. actually i'm just giving my self ideas :p plus 2 more in behind the back seat = LURRRVVV. Might have to put back speakers in the doors :D

Last edited:
finally did it :)

definately would not have done this on a monocoque (spelling?) chassis car, but the navara being a separate chassis body and i didnt cut thru any support brackets etc, only sheet metal, i think it should be fine.

Attachments

• Photo0003.jpg
    Photo0003.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 233
yeah it goes straight thru to the ground.
I made a box that follows the shape of the floor pan out of marine ply. It would have been a tight fit between the floor and chassis rail/ exhaust if i didnt have a body lift in.

Back