D22 / Bluetooth

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Hardy

Reaction score
Hi Folks - Has any body had problems pairing mobile phones with bluetooth? My four year old Nokia did pair up but dropped out a day later. I've reinstalled so I'll wait & see. My wife has a newer Nokia and no way would it register, so off to Telstra and got a Samsung. Yes it paired up ok but no sound through the speakers. A guy from the Nissan dealership at Lilydale worked on it for a hour but still no sound through the speakers. Has anyone else had experiences like this and is there a brand of phone which is reliable with its compatability for a D22.
Regards - Paul

You might find that your old nokia does not run the latest bluetooth version software and doesnt sync up 100%, i had this problem with on my SE with a brand new Garmin GPS that came with handsfree, doesnt connect automatically everytime it starts

I have a Nokia E71 and had to upgrade the phone firmware to get it to connect to the bluetooth in my new-ish D22 due to a known bug in the firmware. Even now, it intermittently doesnt work or refuses to disconnect when I switch the car off. I then have to reboot the phone.

To get it to pair, I had to use the "Phone\Audio Device" option in the car stereo to get it to pair correcty. Just the "Phone Device" or "Audio Device" won't work.

I have the grey colour stereo with the 2 manual dials (not the model some people have that is black with one single dial in the middle)

What model phone do you have? What firmware version is it? (dial *#0000# to check Nokia version)

NavaraD22 - Yes my radio has two dials either side and is black or very dark grey. I shall try again using phone/audio device. My older Nokia is a 6233. My wifes 12 month old Nokia is 6720 and of course there is her new Samsung which does everything right except the sound through the speakers. I still haven't found what firmware it is.
Cheers - Paul

One workaround may be to connect the AUX input of the stereo to the headphones output of the phone with a 3.5mm jack lead (some nokias have 2.5mm jack though).

Then the sound may work out of the speakers, but the microphone would probably still work from the phone...

EDIT: like this one: http://dicksmith.com.au/product/CA0305/3-5mm-plug-to-3-5mm-plug-0-5m
but fleabay will sell them much cheaper. plus you may need a 2.5mm convertor for a nokia.

Last edited:
The samsung I have has a 3.5 ml plug - it's certainly worth a try. I might even have a chord myself somewhere amongst the all the crap in my shed.

One workaround may be to connect the AUX input of the stereo to the headphones output of the phone with a 3.5mm jack lead (some nokias have 2.5mm jack though).

Then the sound may work out of the speakers, but the microphone would probably still work from the phone...

EDIT: like this one: 3.5mm Plug to 3.5mm Plug 0.5m | Dick Smith Online Shopping
but fleabay will sell them much cheaper. plus you may need a 2.5mm convertor for a nokia.

I have issues with the Bluetooth on the d22. Got the same head unit with dual dials like you all. Same issues with nokias, intermittent or not at all. The iPhone connects flawlessly but ALL sound horrible from the receiving end apparently. I convinced work to get me a pioneer head unit with gps in it as I'm in the car all the time and need both the gps and a reliable Bluetooth handsfree system.

I have the same issue, I have just bought a new 2011 D22. I have tried my 2 Nokia phones, 6120 and a 6720. I can get them to pair, but they connect then disconnect immediately constantly. My wifes phone is a Nokia 6600 slide, which connects no problems.
I have spoken to the service bloke at our local dealer and he says that some phones will connect and some have problems and then suggested the phone needs a firmware upgrade. Bluetooth has its own protocol, it is not a manufacturers program, so trademark bluetooth should connect to trademark bluetooth.......................
He wasn't impressed when I told him maybe the car needs an upgrade.
I haven't used my wifes phone to see what the sound quality is like, all I know is that it did pair and connect.................
I will try it out and let you know

Bump.

My Nokia wont pair with my Clarion headunit.

Dont know why, but I have a Nokia carkit already so it doesn't bother me.

Latest posts

Back