D22 Dual Battery and Winch Questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stepho_62

Reaction score
Ok u lot :)

:blingbling:

He he he, Couple of Questions, Im about to wack in my nd battery management system in the tub but I've just scored a winch.

So do I wire my winch into my start battery? I guess I dont have any choice, the voltage drop from the tray to the bull bar would be horrible?

Where have would you guys wire it? Can u us an Anderson Plug on the winch n run it from either?

Thoughts please

run off your cranker
keep engine running while winching

And either flick the heat switch (if you haven't unplugged the nps) or sit in there with your foot on the accelerator a bit to bump the alternator output up a bit

As above - fit to the cranker and run the engine.

Strictly speaking you should only be using the winch while someone is in the driver's seat anyway, with the gearbox in neutral, foot on the brake, handbrake released. This means it's possible to give it a little throttle - about 1000-1200rpm is enough (the heat switch in a D22 should give a similar result BUT don't use that as an excuse to winch from outside with the handbrake on).

The only deep cycle batteries that can tolerate the 350-400A a winch can draw are the spiral-wound ones like the Optima series.

Where did u put your battery

Guys,

I've been looking for info on where to put my 2nd battery. I was specifically looking for a photo of where the battery is placed and how it is mounted.

Rusty gave me some good ideas about where to run the lead in through the side of the tray and while I was away the battery was fixed on the floor of the tub facing left (from behind the vehicle) but I know some of u guys have put them on top of the guard.

Can someone please post a pic or two of what works best??????

Cheers, Adrian

id love to see the "on guard" pics as thats where i want mine as i have a jerry rack bolted in beside the guard.

One thing i would be adding to your winch is an isolation switch. The last thing you want is some prick shorting yiur winch out and stealing your cablemor even worse writing your vehicle off.

Rusty

Latest posts

Back