D22 engine noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goata

Reaction score
G'day anyone had problems with 2.5 lt d22 sounding really rattly when cold sounds like something is loose and rattling around but goes away once engine is worm I'm thinking it might be lifters

Hey Goata,
I was having a similar problem with my 09 until I got it serviced, it was due for its 50k service and id skipped my usual in between 5k oil change so it had gone 10k with the same oil, I start mine up every day at 5 am and up untill now it hasn't rattled upon cold start.

Just a thought.

Mine is "noisy" but it is only normal diesel noise, nothing that worries me. I just drive it softly till it is warm.

Do you mean the UK 2.5's? Mine only has about 10000km on it so far but all good.

Been lookin on the forum and sounds like it may a injector will find out Friday after she gets a service

yes over here in uk d22s have a major engine flaw which sees big ends letting go,one fella blames lead being banned by europe and nissans woefull oil delivery system for failures,didnt know if you guys got a better version of the engine?

Jace we never got the Non CRD YD25 thank God.

Most of the problems were fixed before we got them.

arghh ok you just got stitched with the zd pistons lol,good ol nissan keep things even,treat eveyone as bad lol

Yeah ive got the same thing happening , really noisy on cold starts , to the point where my 6 year old asked ' dad is your engine going to fall out? it sounds like theres no bolts holding the engine in" just started doing it one day at 65000kms , took it to Nissan and just got **%$$@ around , i asked did they hear the noise and they tried to sell me new tyres?? , i asked again to be told the mechanic couldnt hear anything abnormal!! My son has travelled in the car since the day i picked it up (new car) if he can pick an abnormal sound coming from the engine bay why can a trained Nissan machanic not hear it , tappet type noise at 100kmh he "couldnt hear" either , now losing confidence in the car pretty quickly ..... should have bought a hilux!!

Back