D22 flare chop

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddystr

Reaction score
Hey guys
Looking to do a bit of trimming to all the flares on my str, wanting to chop the vertical 2 inches off for more tyre clearance when flexing. The question is does anyone have a photo of the inside of a standard flare so I can see how it's constructed. Wanting to see if there is any other plastic on the inside of the flare that will help it hold it's shape after they are cut or will I need to get them professionally trimmed and plastic welded to reinforce them? Or had anyone done something similar?
Cheers James

I have had a flare rip off a while ago. They are hollow inside with small 20mm plastic tubes coming off it for the eclips that mount it to the body work. This was a front flare sp i would guess they are all the same.
Rusty

so basically looks like im going to have to get a professional job done hey Rusty?

pulling the flares off is fun to. Those clips inside brake easy cause its a sideways pull, not out towards you. I can't remember which was to side sideways tho.... maybe why I broke mine :)

Latest posts

Back